Music Care Program - Sign-up to Perform
This program was created with support from local music teachers and is open to middle and high school performers, college musicians, and community musicians.
- Performances are scheduled and middle/high school student performances must be approved by their music teacher to perform.
- Musicians will be able to play their selected pieces, and share the calming and inspiring world of music.
- Musicians will be required to play at least one piece of music (group performances are encouraged).
- In cases of group performances, one person should submit an application for the entire group. The person submitting the application will be responsible for notifying fellow group members of selected date and time.
- One performance should fill one of the three available ten minute slots.
- Attire is business casual.
- Khaki, corduroy, twill or cotton pants or conservative-length skirt
- Cotton long/short-sleeve shirts, sweaters, cardigans, polo/knit shirts
- A professional dress (e.g. sheath), not too formal
- Casual shoes (no athletic shoes)
- Music does not have to be memorized, but should be at a level that would be appropriate for a recital (students - readiness is up to teacher discretion).
- Music must be calm and appropriate for a hospital environment.
- Musicians must fill out an application, see sign-up form:
- Musicians will be notified via email if their time and date has been received and scheduled.
- Cancellations require 7 days notice prior to performance date. If a middle or high school student must cancel after this 7 day mark, their music teacher will be notified of the cancellation.
- If a musician must cancel due to an unavoidable circumstance (last minute/same day), they must call the Hospital Entrance lobby clerk, (989) 839-3990, to notify them of their cancellation.
Students, please pick-up your volunteer certificates after your performance in the sign-in folder at the hospital lobby front desk.
Sign-Up To Perform
We look forward to your performance!