Room Service at MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland
Hotel Style Dining Program Delivers Excellence in 'Hospital-ity'
Orchard Dining is a personalized, in-room meal service for inpatients at MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland. Modeled after hotel-style room service, Orchard Dining enables patients to eat when they are hungry and to choose from a variety of appealing and nutritious selections that comply with their individual dietary restrictions.
- Inpatients receive restaurant-style menus, personalized to their dietary needs.
- Ten basic menus comply with the many special diets prescribed by MidMichigan physicians. Menus also are available for patients on clear and full liquid diets.
- Patients may call Orchard Dining to place orders 6:45 a.m. - 6:45 p.m.
- Meals are individually prepared and delivered to patients’ rooms within 45 minutes.
- Food service “ambassadors” help patients understand the ordering process, deliver meals and provide assistance if needed.
View Sample Menu (Regular diet shown - menus will vary by patient needs)
Teresa Fritz, food service ambassador for Orchard Dining, displays one of many menu options patients may select, based on their individual dietary needs.
While other area hospitals may offer room service meals, MidMichigan is the only hospital in the Saginaw Valley to prepare meals on a “made-to-order” basis. Orchard Dining is just one way that MidMichigan puts patients at the center of an environment of compassionate care.