Medical records are maintained by Health Information Management (HIM) at MidMichigan Health. As a patient of MidMichigan Health, you have the right to obtain your medical records.
What's in your Medical Record?
- Results of all laboratory tests, X-rays, other diagnostic studies, and medical treatment you received while you were hospitalized or treated as an outpatient
- Physician reports from examinations, surgery, treatment and medications
- Observations by nurses and other members of your health care team
Confidentiality of Care
Your medical record is treated as confidential by all hospital, medical and office staff members. No one may obtain a copy of your records without written consent except those required by law, transfer of care or third party payor/insurance contract.
- Please note that MidMichigan Health may use outside vendors to process or copy your records. These vendors have a confidentiality agreement with us and must comply with all applicable patient privacy laws.
How to Submit Requests and Receive Copies
To request a copy of your medical records (for personal use or for another healthcare provider), download, print and complete the Release of Information Authorization form. Once completed you may FAX or mail your request to the appropriate medical center listed below.
- MidMichigan Health and its authorized employees may only FAX patient records to other healthcare organizations and/or physician offices. We are unable to FAX patient records to a patient home or places of employment. These requests may be picked-up or mailed.
Is There a Charge?
There is a charge for copies for personal use. There is no charge for copies sent directly to healthcare organizations and/or physician offices. Both state and federal law (HIPAA) permit healthcare organizations to charge a reasonable cost-based fee for reproducing records. Our fees are updated annually in July and are based on Consumer Price Index of Medical Records Access Act Fees from the State of Michigan's Department of Community Health. Contact the office for cost information.
For mailed requests, an invoice will be sent with copies. For requests picked-up by the patient, payment is due at the time of pick-up.
Your MyMidMichigan patient portal account is a fast, no-cost option to view and download your medical information.
Can someone else pick-up my records?
If you want someone else to pick-up your records you must fill out and sign an Authorization for Record Pick-up By Other Than Patient. This person will need to bring photo identification when picking up your records.
A person who is legally authorized to consent to a release of your information may fill out and sign the Consent by Other Than Patient form. This person will need to provide proof that they are your authorized personal representative at time of pick-up.
Parents of children with a different last name must provide proof of parentage through a birth certificate, affidavit of parentage, or other legal document.
For More Information Contact
MidMichigan Medical Center - Clare
703 N. McEwan Street
Clare, MI 48617
Phone: (989) 802-8806
Fax: (989) 802-8888
MidMichigan Medical Center - Gladwin
515 Quarter Street
Gladwin, MI 48624
Phone: (989) 246-6247
Fax: (989) 246-6477
MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot
300 E. Warwick Drive
Alma, MI 48801
Phone: (989) 466-3283
Fax: (989) 466-3377
MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland
4000 Wellness Drive
Midland, MI 48670
Phone: (989) 839-3319
Fax: (989) 839-3168