Hospital Room Amenities at MidMichigan Medical Center – Midland
Following the expansion completion at MidMichigan Medical Center – Midland in December 2011, every patient room at the Medical Center is now a private room. The patient tower has 36 patient rooms on each of the third, fourth and fifth floors. Rooms in the rest of the Medical Center are also now private.
The 350-square-foot rooms feature one patient bed, a private bathroom with shower and a flat-screen TV. Near the room’s large window, a comfortable family area has both a recliner and a sofa that converts to a bed. In the compact headwall, medical equipment and computers for documentation, patient verification and medical records are convenient yet unintrusive. A built-in desk has down lighting that won’t disturb a sleeping patient. Internet access, telephone and TV let patients and visitors stay as informed and connected as they desire.
Health insurance covers the cost of the private rooms the same as it did semi-private rooms in the past. Patients are not billed for a private room differential.
- Television - All rooms have Cable TVs. There is no additional charge for this service.
- Phone - All rooms have telephones with free local calls. If you wish to make long distance calls, we recommend you bring a pre-paid phone card. In Midland, these are available for purchase in the gift shop.
- Bathrooms - All rooms have private bathrooms including toilet, sink and shower. Maternity rooms often have additional amenities, such as whirlpool tubs.
- Meal Service - Most meals are ordered in advance. You choose from a menu of selections approved by your doctor. For some meals, you may select items from a cart that stops in your room at mealtime. If you have special dietary needs, such as kosher or vegetarian meals, or food allergies, please tell your nurse. Individualized meals are available through the Orchard Dining Service, a meal plan designed to suit individual inpatients' needs. We also have cafeterias and vending areas for your visitors.
- Reading Material - Newspapers and magazines may be available in limited supply, courtesy of local businesses. Coin-operated newspaper machines also are available in the lobbies.
- Medical and Guest Services - We have comprehensive services in the hospitals to meet your treatment and recovery needs and to make your stay more convenient. These include:
- Labs, radiology and most of the other diagnostic tests that might be required during your stay.
- Rehabilitation services if ordered by your doctor for recovery.
- Spiritual care.
- Medical social workers to provide disease education, counseling for you and your family and access to community resources.
- Discharge planning services to help you understand your doctor's orders, prepare your home, arrange for care providers and equipment for the home, or to find long-term care facilities if needed.