Hospital Room Amenities at MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot
At MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot, we feature all private patient rooms -designed to enhance healing and offer our patients and their families the utmost in privacy. Because the medical center has all private rooms, you and your insurance provider will not be charged extra for a private room.
- Television – All rooms have cable TV. There is no additional charge for this service.
- Phone – All rooms have telephones with free local calls. If you wish to make long distance calls, we recommend you bring a pre-paid phone card.
- Bathrooms – All rooms feature a private bathroom including a sink, toilet and shower area.
- Meal Service “At your Request” – Most meals are ordered in advance, anytime you wish between 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. You choose from a menu of selections approved by your doctor. If you have special dietary needs, such as kosher or vegetarian meals, or food allergies, please tell your nurse. We also have cafeterias and vending areas for your visitors.
- Reading Material – Magazines are available in limited supply. Newspapers are available for purchase in cafeteria.
- Wireless Internet – Wireless internet is available in all patient rooms and in other areas throughout the medical center, including the emergency department waiting room, day surgery waiting room, surgical waiting room, the main lobby and the patient registration area.
- Medical and Guest Services – We have comprehensive services in the medical center to meet your treatment and recovery needs and to make your stay more convenient. These include:
- Labs, radiology and most of the other diagnostic tests that might be required during your stay.
- Rehabilitation services if ordered by your doctor for recovery.
- Spiritual care.
- Medical social workers to provide disease education, counseling for you and your family and access to community resources
- Discharge planning services to help you understand your doctor’s orders, prepare your home, arrange for care providers and equipment for the home, or to find long-term care facilities if needed.