Going Home from the Hospital
MidMichigan's Medical Centers have designated people who will help you with discharge planning when you are ready to go home. This includes sharing information you'll need to prepare your home or arrange for care following a hospital stay. We begin the process of assessing your needs and planning for discharge at the time of your admission to the hospital. In Midland, medical social workers are also available throughout your stay to provide information and coordinate community resources.
Discharge planners will visit you at the appropriate time during your stay, but if you have any questions, please feel free to contact them at the numbers below.
- Alma Discharge Planning (989) 466-7229
- Clare Discharge Planning (989) 802-5110
- Gladwin Department of Social Work and Transition Planning (989) 246-9426
- Midland Department of Social Work and Transition Planning (989) 839-3281
Specialty services are also available if needed:
- A placement coordinator can help you and your family to identify nursing homes and can coordinate the admitting process. Phone (989) 839-3949
- Home care coordinators (nurses) can help with referrals for in-home skilled nursing, or your home medical equipment needs. Phone (989) 839-3589 or (989) 839-3283.