MidMichigan Health Standard Charges
MidMichigan Health is committed to providing you high-quality, high-value health care. That includes helping you estimate your out of pocket costs up front, so that you can make informed choices.
Hospital charges are the same for all patients. Due to new regulations from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), we have made our standard charges for each of our hospitals publicly available.
Standard Charges DO NOT REPRESENT YOUR ESTIMATED OUT OF POCKET COSTS.
Please keep in mind that most uninsured/underinsured patients qualify for financial assistance. For a more accurate estimate of your actual costs please call our financial counselors at (844) 832-1956.
Based on your insurance coverage, you are billed your deductible, copay, coinsurance and any non-covered services. This amount cannot be calculated from a list of standard charges. Patients with no insurance are generally eligible for a 40% discount off of standard charges. For information on calculating your estimated cost, please call (844)-832-1956.
Standard Charges by Medical Center
The listings below contain standard charges effective for services as of July 1, 2020. We expect to update this on a quarterly basis to provide the most current pricing. Standard charges:
- Do not include professional and anesthesia provider services, which are billed separately;
- Do not include medications and surgical supplies, which are not standard charges. Medication charges vary by manufacturer, units, dose, strength and current cost. Supply charges vary by manufacturer, materials, size, units, and current cost.
- Operating room (OR) charges are based on time spent in the OR and the surgical level assigned to the procedure. These fees cover OR staff, set-up/clean-up, instrument trays and equipment.
- Include daily room charges. Pricing varies based on the hospital and nursing unit to which you are admitted, due to the variation in required services, equipment and supplies included in these rates.
- Some payers require hospitals to “roll” other services into the daily room charges and therefore in some cases charges on your insurance claim may look different.
Average Charges by DRG (Diagnosis Related Groups)
- Diagnosis-related group (DRG) is a system to classify hospital cases based on a patients’ diagnosis. A hospital case with the same DRG is expected to have similar hospital resource use.
- The average total charges displayed include all hospital services, including variably priced items not in our standard charge listing, e.g., drugs and supplies.
- This listing is different from CMS public use files because it looks at more current data and includes all patients, not just Medicare.
- The listings below show MidMichigan Health's average total hospital charge for each DRG. Data was pulled from prior twelve months ending December 19, 2019.
If you have no health insurance coverage, we encourage you to consider applying for financial assistance. See our Financial Assistance policy for more information. All of our pricing and discounts for uninsured patients are equal to or exceed federal and state regulations.