Estimate Your Costs
MidMichigan Health is committed to providing you high-quality, high-value health care. That includes helping you estimate your out of pocket costs up front, so that you can make informed choices.
Option One (Preferred Option): Call Our Experts for a Personalized Estimate
The best way to get a more complete and accurate picture of your costs is to contact our Customer Service team. Our expert financial counselors can help you navigate insurance and billing questions and make you aware of factors that may influence your final out-of pocket costs, such as insurance coverage, co-pays or deductibles; related services that may be required before or after your procedure; and interest-free payment plans or other financial assistance options that you may qualify for. They can also incorporate some factors that the online tool isn't designed to calculate, such as coordination of benefits under multiple insurance plans.
Three convenient ways to reach us:
- Call (989) 488-5815 or toll free at (844) 832-1956, Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- Send a secure message to Customer Service any time from your patient portal account.
- Email us at: Patient-Financial-Services@midmichigan.org
Option Two: Online Cost Estimator Tool
We also offer a do-it-yourself online tool, where you can answer a series of questions to estimate your costs. For a more accurate estimate of your actual costs please call our financial counselors at (844) 832-1956.
If you have a MyMidMichigan account, we recommend that you login to your account before completing an online estimate, as it will save you time by pre-filling information we already have on file for you, such as your insurance plan. Logging in will also enable you to save your estimate for later reference. If you do not have a MyMidMichigan account, you may use the cost estimator as a guest but may need to manually enter more information.
Get a Cost Estimate
Cost Estimates Are Not a Price Guarantee
Please note that whichever option you choose, cost estimates are not a guaranteed price and are based on information you provide to us. They do not include, among other things, any unforeseen complications, additional tests or procedures, or non-hospital related charges, which may increase the ultimate cost of the services provided. Having specific information from your provider about your upcoming procedure -- such as a signed order for services -- will help you better anticipate your costs.
How Insurance Impacts Your Cost Estimate
If you have insurance, your costs may vary, depending on your insurance plan and coverage. For example, you may be financially responsible for deductibles (the amount you must pay before the insurance company begins to pay) and coinsurance (the amount or percentage of covered charges you pay after insurance also begins to pay). Patients without health insurance may be eligible for our 40% discount off of standard charges.
If you have no health insurance coverage, we encourage you to consider applying for financial assistance. See our Financial Assistance policy for more information. All of our pricing and discounts for uninsured patients are equal to or exceed federal and state regulations.
Standard Charges by Medical Center
Hospital charges are the same for all patients. Due to new regulations from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), we have made our standard charges for each of our hospitals publicly available in a machine-readable format. Please keep in mind that standard charges do not represent your estimated out-of-pocket costs but are only part of a complex calculation. Based on your insurance coverage, your final bill will also reflect your deductible, copay, coinsurance and any non-covered services, which cannot be calculated from a list of standard charges. Most uninsured/underinsured patients qualify for financial assistance, and patients with no insurance are generally eligible for a 40% discount off of standard charges.
For a more accurate estimate of your actual costs please call our financial counselors at (844) 832-1956.
The listings below contain standard charges effective for services as of January 1, 2021. These charges:
- Do not include professional and anesthesia provider services, which are billed separately;
- Medication charges vary by manufacturer, units, dose, strength and current cost. Supply charges vary by manufacturer, materials, size, units, and current cost.
- Operating room (OR) charges are based on time spent in the OR and the surgical level assigned to the procedure. These fees cover OR staff, set-up/clean-up, instrument trays and equipment.
- Include daily room charges. Pricing varies based on the hospital and nursing unit to which you are admitted, due to the variation in required services, equipment and supplies included in these rates.
- Some payers require hospitals to “roll” other services into the daily room charges and therefore in some cases charges on your insurance claim may look different.