Inpatient rehabilitation, through the RehabCentre at MidMichigan Medical Center – Alpena is dedicated to treating the patient as a whole to help restore lost abilities after an illness or injury. The rehab program has an interdisciplinary team of professionals including rehab trained nursing staff, occupational therapists, physical therapists, certified physical therapy assistants, speech therapists, a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation doctor, Physician Assistant, and a dedicated rehab social worker.
- The patient care unit hosts 11 beds and is housed on the second floor of the Medical Center
- There is a dedicated inpatient rehab gym and patient dining room
- Nursing care is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The unit has access for referral consultations with numerous sub-specialties including hospitalist services, orthopedics, neurology, pulmonology, cardiology, psychology, wound care, and nephrology.
- The intense therapy schedule provides for three hours of therapy, five days a week
Learn more about MidMichigan's Inpatient Rehabilitation program and view patient testimonials.
Karen Meyer, D.O. and Jordan Bellmore, P.A.-C., RehabCentre Provider Team.
RehabCentre nurse’s station.
Rehab Unit patient room.
RehabCentre kitchen where patients can practice their fine motor skills.
RehabCentre laundry room, used to help patient’s navigate daily living.
Physical therapy room with a car simulator for teaching patient’s how to get in and out of a car safely.
Physical Therapy room and equipment used for rehabilitation.
Dr. Meyer with RehabCentre patient.