MidMichigan Medical Center – Clare is a 49 licensed-bed hospital located in central Michigan. Nicknamed "the gateway to the North," Clare is known for its rich, small town heritage and a community that cares for one another.
- Serving Clare and surrounding communities since 1936
- 49 licensed beds
- 300+ employees, volunteers, physicians and other personnel
- Affiliated with Michigan Medicine, the academic medical center of the University of Michigan
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Convenient Urgent Care and 24-hour Emergency Department
- Updated 14,000-square-foot surgical suite with the latest in surgical technology
- Full continuum of health care services normally found only in much larger communities
MidMichigan Medical Center – Clare provides a full range of services in specialty areas, including:
- Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab
- Diabetes Services
- Emergency Care
- Heart and Vascular Services
- Infusion Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Disorders
- Surgical Services
- Trauma Care - Level IV
- Wound Treatment and Hyperbaric Treatment
Just a few of the advanced technologies available at MidMichigan Medical Center – Clare include:
- 3D Mammography/3D Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- CT Scanner
- 2020 | Named a Top Rural Hospital for patient safety and quality.
- 2020 | Award of Distinction in patient experience for overall quality of care received in the Emergency Department.
- 2019 | Governor’s Award for Outstanding Achievement in Effective Reporting and Measurement: Outpatient Quality Reporting Acute Care Hospitals - Michigan’s Quality Improvement Organization (MPRO)
- 2017 | Governor’s Award of Excellence for Outstanding Achievement in Effective Reporting and Measurement: Hospital Value-based Purchasing (HVBP) Acute Care Hospitals - Michigan’s Quality Improvement Organization (MPRO)
- 2013 | Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
- 2016 | Grade A in Patient Safety - Leapfrog’s Spring 2016 Hospital Safety Score.
- 2010 | Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
- 2003 | Recognition for five years of “Dedication to Making Care Safe” - Michigan Health & Hospital Association Keystone Center for Patient Safety & Quality: Intensive Care Unit Project.
- 2014 | Installed Clare County’s only 128-slice computed tomography (CT) scanner.
- 2013 | MidMichigan Health affiliated with Michigan Medicine (University of Michigan Health System). New cardiac catheterization laboratory opened.
- 2008 | Surgical services wing expanded to provide state-of the-art operating rooms and a new sterile processing department.
- 2003 | Physician offices and a state-of-the-art rehabilitation center added to MidMichigan Medical Offices - Clare.
- 1984 | MidMichigan Regional Health System established as the parent holding company of Clare Community Hospital and Midland Hospital Center.
- 1982 | Clare Osteopathic Hospital and Midland Hospital Center affiliated in 1982, later forming Mid-Michigan Health Care Systems, Inc.
- 1936 | Clare's first community hospital opened as Clare General Hospital, later renamed Clare Osteopathic Hospital.