MidMichigan Medical Center - Gladwin is a 25 licensed-bed critical access hospital located in northeast central Michigan. The campus features a waterfall in a garden-like setting reflective of MidMichigan’s emphasis on humanistic care.
- Serving Gladwin and surrounding communities since 1937
- 25 licensed beds
- 200+ employees, volunteers, physicians and other personnel
- Affiliated with Michigan Medicine, the academic medical center of the University of Michigan
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- 24-hour Emergency Department
- Specialized inpatient units include: medical and surgical care
Outpatient services include mammography, diagnostic imaging, bone density, infusion services, nuclear medicine and a sleep disorders lab
MidMichigan Medical Center – Gladwin provides a full range of services in specialty areas, including:
- Cardiovascular Care
- Chemotherapy & Infusion Services
- Diabetes Services
- Emergency Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Disorders
- Surgical Services
Just a few of the advanced technologies available at MidMichigan Medical Center in Gladwin include:
- 3D Mammography/Tomosynthesis
- CT Scanner
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- 2019 | Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals in the United States - The Chartis Center for Rural Health
- 2019 | Governor’s Award of Excellence for outstanding achievement in Effective Reporting and Measurement: Critical Access Hospitals - Michigan’s Quality Improvement Organization (MPRO)
- 2017 | Governor’s Award of Excellence for Outstanding Achievement in Effective Reporting and Measurement: Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Critical Access Hospitals and Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities - Michigan’s Quality Improvement Organization (MPRO)
- 2017, 2016 | Top Rural Hospital Award - The Leapfrog Group
- 2011 | Quality Improvement Awards of Excellence – ER transfers and inpatient clinical performance in care and treatment of pneumonia
- 2018 | Opened MidMichigan Health Park – Gladwin, a 17,000-square-foot facility with urgent care, family medicine, laboratory, radiology and occupational health
- 2016 | More than $19,000 raised during 3rd annual “Bra-La-La” fundraiser supporting breast health needs for underserved women and men in Gladwin community.
- 2015 | The R. W. Considine Foundation awarded a $250,595 grant to purchase J-500 Mobile and JEMS First Responder Kit Units for Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- 2014 | MidMichigan Urgent Care – Gladwin opened in September.
- 2013 | MidMichigan Health affiliated with University of Michigan Health System (UMHS)
- 2005 | Gladwin relinquished licensed beds to become designated as a 25-bed critical access hospital
- 2004 | Operating room and recovery area expanded.
- 1997 | Hospital name changed to MidMichigan Medical Center - Gladwin.
- 1994 | $1.2 million dollar Emergency Room expansion.
- 1984 | With 42 beds, Gladwin Area Hospital affiliated with Mid-Michigan Health Care Systems.
- 1970 | New Gladwin Hospital opened on Quarter Street.
- 1937 | MidMichigan Medical Center – Gladwin began as Gladwin Clinic and Emergency Hospital, a private five-bed clinic