The RehabCentre at MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot in Alma is dedicated to maximizing each patient’s potential for independence, given the limitations of illness or injury, by optimizing individual levels of cognitive and physical function.
- This 18-bed, dedicated patient care unit is housed in the first floor of the patient care tower where a continuum of care from acute hospitalization to inpatient rehabilitation to outpatient services is available.
- The unit has access for referral consultations with numerous subspecialities including orthopedics, neurology, pulmonology, cardiology and nephrology to assist in meeting a multitude of co-morbid conditions that may affect patients during their stay in the RehabCentre.
- The intense therapy schedule at the RehabCentre provides for three hours of therapy daily. Therapy includes physical, occupational, speech and recreational.
- Therapy focuses on giving patients back their independence and providing simulation of every day challenges.
- Therapeutic passes are available for patients to practice their new skills in the real world setting of a restaurant, bank or grocery store.
The inpatient RehabCentre services a variety of illnesses and impairments, including the following: stroke, brain injuries, neuropathy and myopathy, multiple trauma, spinal cord injuries, polyarthritis, amputation, orthopaedic disorders, neurological conditions, Guillain-Barré, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cardiac or pulmonary diseases and generalized weakness.
Our rehabilitation team shares a common goal of helping patients regain their lives; we have been successful in achieving that goal.
Inpatient therapy includes:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Recreational therapy
For more information, call the RehabCentre Community Relations Coordinator.