The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at MidMichigan Medical Center – Alpena is designed to help you regain your highest level of function and independence. We are dedicated to providing the care necessary to meet your medical, physical, psychological and social needs in an environment that promotes wellness, confidence and independence.
Our program is a “comprehensive inpatient medical rehabilitation program;” a place where those who have suffered disabling illness or injury will find the opportunity to rebuild their lives.
- Dedicated patient care unit is housed in the first floor where a continuum of care from acute hospitalization to inpatient rehabilitation to outpatient services is available.
- The unit has access for referral consultations with numerous subspecialities including orthopedics, neurology, pulmonology, cardiology and nephrology to assist in meeting a multitude of co-morbid conditions that may affect patients during their stay in the RehabCentre.
- The intense therapy schedule at the RehabCentre provides for three hours of therapy daily. Therapy includes physical, occupational, speech and recreational.
- Therapy focuses on giving patients back their independence and providing simulation of every day challenges.
- Therapeutic passes are available for patients to practice their new skills in the real world setting of a restaurant, bank or grocery store.
The inpatient RehabCentre services a variety of illnesses and impairments, including the following: stroke, brain injuries, neuropathy and myopathy, multiple trauma, spinal cord injuries, polyarthritis, amputation, orthopedic disorders, neurological conditions, Guillain-Barré, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cardiac or pulmonary diseases and generalized weakness.
Our rehabilitation team shares a common goal of helping patients regain their lives; we have been successful in achieving that goal.
Inpatient therapy includes:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Recreational therapy