MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch is an 86 licensed-bed acute care hospital located in northeast Michigan. The town's pride is reflected in its unique turn-of-the-century downtown and the vitality that is displayed in the variety of unique shops and personal services.
- Serving Ogemaw and surrounding communities since 1927
- 86 licensed beds
- 500+ employees, volunteers, physicians and other personnel
- Affiliated with Michigan Medicine, the academic medical center of the University of Michigan
- Accredited by The Joint Commission and the Health Care Facilities Accreditation Program
- Full continuum of health care services normally found only in much larger communities
- Updated 17,505 square-foot state-of-the-art Emergency Department
MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch provides a full range of services in specialty areas, including:
- Cancer Care
- Diabetes Services
- Emergency Care
- Heart and Vascular Services
- Infusion Services
- Maternity Services
- Neuroscience Services
- Pain Management
- Rehabilitation Services
- Surgical Services
- Wound Treatment
Just a few of the advanced technologies available at MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch include:
- 3D Mammography/3D Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- 64- and 128-slice CT Scanner
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning
- 2020| Added Teleneurology Program with neurologists from Michigan Medicine available 24/7 for patient consult.
- 2020| Added 3D mammography.
- 2019 | Opened an innovative 17,505 square-foot Emergency Department featuring 20 private patient treatment rooms, on-site radiology and design elements that improve patient privacy and comfort, operational flow and efficiency.
- 2019 | Added a Pain Management Program.
- 2018 | Joined the MidMichigan Health family and became MidMichigan Medical Center - West Branch.
- 2017 | Installed multiple new pieces of equipment including an automated pharmaceutical dispensing system, cardiac and general ultrasound, and technology to assist physicians with cataract removal.
- 2016 | Added Pet Therapy, which uses dogs or other animals to help people recover from and cope with health problems.
- 2014 | The Tolfree Wellness Park opened its 1.1-mile walking trail complete with outdoor fitness equipment, community shelter and teaching gardens.
- 2013 | MidMichigan Health affiliated with Michigan Medicine (University of Michigan Health System).
- 2013 | The Medical Center celebrated 85 years of serving the community.
- 2013 | The new patient portal was launched so patients could get test results at the click of a mouse.
- 2011 | Opened the Wound Treatment Center with two hyperbaric chambers to treat patients.
- 2002 | A new helipad was dedicated on the Medical Center’s campus to make it easier and safer to land medical evacuation helicopters.
- 1999 | Opened the new Medical Center on a 44-acre parcel located on M-30.
- 1999 | Seton Cancer Institute and the Medical Center’s Cardiac Cath and Special Procedures Lab opened on new campus.
- 1927 | John Tolfree Hospital opened and was later renamed West Branch Regional Hospital.