The Inpatient Psychiatric program at MidMichigan Medical Center – Alpena, also known as Pointe East, provides short-term acute psychiatric help to people who need 24-hour care and monitoring. Our facility offers a lively, attractive, homelike setting where patients and staff work together as a team and every patient is treated with compassion and dignity. We also involve families as part of our philosophy of care.
Pointe East is a 15-bed acute inpatient psychiatric facility that provides care on a short-term basis for adults and seniors age 18 and older.
Patients are screened for other health problems at admission and make appropriate referrals to treat any conditions that may impact recovery.
Treatment Team Includes
- Board certified psychiatrists
- Specialty trained nurses
- Doctoral-level, masters-level and certified psychologists and therapists
- Social workers
- Occupational, physical and recreational therapists
- Dietitians and multi-specialty medical staff
- Psychiatric and nursing evaluation
- Daily psychiatric management
- Individual sessions with a psychiatrist
- One-on-one counseling, focused on problem solving and/or techniques and medication education
- Group therapy sessions geared toward situation management, recreation and leisure development, and key skills such as stress management, self-esteem, coping and assertiveness
- Recreational and activity therapy
- Physical and occupational therapy (as needed)
- Medication management