MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot is a 97-bed teaching hospital located in Alma, Michigan and specializing in high-quality rural medicine.
- Serving Gratiot, Isabella, Montcalm and other counties since 1955
- 97 licensed beds, all private rooms
- 1000+ employees, volunteers, health care providers and other personnel (50 percent are Gratiot County residents)
- Teaching facility with a family medicine residency training program, medical student clinical rotations, nursing student rotations and state-of-the-art Simulation Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Affiliated with Michigan Medicine (University of Michigan Health System)
- New Cardiac Cath Lab, Maternity Center and MRI rooms (2019-2020)
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behaviorial Health Services, including inpatient and partial day outpatient programs
- Cancer Care
- Emergency Department
- Heart and Vascular Services
- Imaging - CT, MRI, PET, 3D mammography, X-Ray
- Maternity Services
- Pain Management
- Rehabilitation Services - physical, occupational, speech and audiology therapy and inpatient unit for complex conditions such as stroke
- Sleep Disorders
- Surgical Services
- Wound Treatment Center
Just a few of the advanced technologies available at MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot include:
- 1.5 Open Bore Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- 160-Slice Computed Tomography (CT)
- PET Scanner
- Breast Health Navigation
- 3D Mammography/3D Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Image Guided Radiosurgery (IGRS)
- TrueBeam Radiotherapy System with RapidArc®
- 2019 | Governor’s Award of Excellence - Outstanding achievement in Effective Reporting and Measurement Outpatient Quality Reporting Acute Care Hospitals - Michigan’s Quality Improvement Organization (MPRO)
- 2018 | 5 Star Rating for Overall Quality (Medicare.gov’s Hospital Compare December release).
- 2016 | Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons granted Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation to the cancer program.
- 2019 | Opened new state-of-the-art Maternity Center and Cath lab. Graduated first class of Family Medicine residents.
- 2018 | Accredited as a Level III Trauma Center.
- 2017 | Behavioral Health Unit expanded to 29 private rooms.
- Added 3D mammography and a linear accelerator.
- 2015 | Started a Breast Health Program. Family Medicine Residency training program established.
- 2013 | MidMichigan Health affiliated with Michigan Medicine (University of Michigan Health System.)
- 2013 | Simulation Center opened.
- 2012 | Opened Wound Treatment Center.
- 2011 | Gratiot Medical Center renamed MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot. Added state-of-the-art Emergency Department, four-story patient care tower with all private patient rooms and RehabCentre
- 2005 | Became a full subsidiary of MidMichigan Health.
- 2000 | Opened MidMichigan Gratiot Cancer Center
- 1955 | Gratiot Community Hospital opened its doors on September 19