All clinical placement requests must be submitted through the MidMichigan Health healthcare program applications hosted in ACEMAPP, a secure, online clinical education tool. To be considered for an opportunity, the application must be completed in full, or applications will be considered ineligible.
Instructions: Applying for an Academic Apprenticeship
MidMichigan Health departments/employees independently determine whether they will accommodate students. The Workforce Development Office may assist in placing a student with their requested department. Placement is not guaranteed and is based on the staff’s ability to accommodate, and this process may take up to two weeks to secure.
Once an Internship is identified:
- All course materials must be reviewed/approved by department.
- Hours should be arranged with department.
- The department and student make arrangements for schedule of preceptorship.
- The Workforce Development Office must receive confirmation from the department that an arrangement has been made to work with a student.
- Please send confirmation of your preceptorship arrangement including schedule, department and number of hours to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have been notified that no affiliation agreement exists; send the name, address, phone and fax number and contact person of your school to email@example.com so that an agreement can be facilitated by the MidMichigan Health Workforce Development Office.
This process may take eight to twelve weeks to complete, depending on the length of time needed for the two parties to reach an agreement of terms.
ACEMAPP training - If granted an apprenticeship, students must complete training and upload requirements through an ACEMAPP account. A registration link will be sent to you from the Workforce Development team upon accommodation of your internship request. Please note you will be required to pay a fee through the website upon registration. For any technical issues with the site please call the ACEMAPP Help Desk at (844) 223-4292 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Students must upload the following records (obtained within one year of clinical rotation start date) at least 1 week prior to your internship or clinical rotation start date to their ACEMAPP account:
- Immunization Records
- Flu vaccine (if on-site during the designated flu season)
- TB screening
- BLS certification (for students that will have direct patient contact)
- Background Check (https://apps.michigan.gov/ichat/home.aspx)
- Urine Drug Screen
- Fingerprinting (required according to state recommendations since your internship or rotation includes 120 hours or more of access to records or direct patient care for Hospice, Home Care or Mental Health settings)
Compliance Requirements - All students participating in a clinical placement at MidMichigan Health must complete compliance requirements through ACEMAPP and the MidMichigan Health training modules.
Orientation Information - Students must review all materials.
Students with clinical placement at MidMichigan Health may be granted access to our computer systems based on the placement location and the specifications of the role within the health system. The department or office manager and student are responsible for ensuring that the correct computer logins/access have been requested.
The department or office manager will determine whether the student needs a MidMichigan Health ID and will request the badge through the Security Office.
The student must be identifiable when on MidMichigan Health sites; therefore the student must wear their student badges if a MidMichigan Health ID is not requested for internship.