Application & Interviews
How to Apply
We are a 3-year unopposed program and accept applications for first year residents only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
We are unable to offer observerships or externships.
For All Applicants
- California list of approved medical schools
- Have graduated medical school within the last 3 years
- USMLE/COMLEX Scores - We look at the first and/or second attempt for Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS (USMLE) or Level 1 and Level 2 (COMLEX)
- Be a United States Citizen or a permanent resident. We do not sponsor or support visas.
- You must have three letters of recommendation with at least one being from a Board Certified Family Medicine Physician
- Personal Statement: Please tell us about why you are choosing Family Medicine
- Have clinical experience in the United States, preferably within the specialty of Family Medicine
- Be ECFMG Certified by the start of residency (if applicable)
- Deadline for all application materials is December 1
Applications will also be evaluated in regard to:
- Work history and educational background
- Evidence of medical school rotations in family medicine or evidence of experience in the specialty of family medicine gained in a health care setting outside of medical school
- Language and communication skills (applicant must be willing to have a phone interview)
Interviews are scheduled by invitation only and are conducted October through December. The interview process includes an overnight stay in Midland (at the residency program’s expense), breakfast with two residents, individual meetings with the director, faculty and a resident; a tour of Midland and the Medical Center, and noon conference with the faculty and residents.
Contacting the Program Coordinator
Applications may be submitted through the dean of your medical school using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Once you apply, further correspondence should be directed to:
Family Medicine Residency Program Coordinator
MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland
4000 Wellness Drive
Midland, Michigan 48670
Toll free at (877) 509-1794