Application & Interviews
How to Apply
We are a 3-year unopposed program and accept applications for first year residents only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
We are unable to offer observerships or externships.
For All Applicants
- California list of approved medical schools
- Have graduated medical school within the last 3 years
- USMLE/COMLEX Scores - We look at the first and/or second attempt for Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS (USMLE) or Level 1 and Level 2 (COMLEX)
- Be a United States Citizen or a permanent resident. We do not sponsor or support visas.
- You must have three letters of recommendation with at least one being from a Board Certified Family Medicine Physician
- Personal Statement: Please tell us about why you are choosing Family Medicine
- Have clinical experience in the United States, preferably within the specialty of Family Medicine
- Be ECFMG Certified by the start of residency (if applicable)
- Deadline for all application materials is December 1
Applications will also be evaluated in regard to:
- Work history and educational background
- Evidence of medical school rotations in family medicine or evidence of experience in the specialty of family medicine gained in a health care setting outside of medical school
- Language and communication skills
The interview process will be conducted via Zoom this year due to COVID-19. Interviews are scheduled by invitation only and will take place November - January. The interview day will include a virtual small group meeting with a few residents, followed by individual interviews with the Program Director, a faculty member and a resident. Information about the program, including virtual tours of our hospital and city, will be mailed to you in advance.
Contacting the Program Coordinator
Applications may be submitted through the dean of your medical school using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Once you apply, further correspondence should be directed to:
Family Medicine Residency Program Coordinator
MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland
4000 Wellness Drive
Midland, Michigan 48670
Toll free at (877) 509-1794