MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot
MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot is located in Alma, Michigan. The hospital’s medical specialties include Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, Pulmonology, Endocrinology, Hematology/Oncology, Radiology, Surgery, OB/Gynecology and more. Specialized services include:
- An inpatient rehabilitation unit with a CARF-accredited stroke program
- Inpatient psychiatry and a specialized geriatric psychiatry program
- A Wound Treatment Center with hyperbaric treatment chambers
- A busy designated Level Three Trauma Emergency Department
- A comprehensive cancer center offering medical oncology, radiation oncology, and hematology
- A bariatric surgery center of excellence complemented by a medical weight management program
- A state-of-the-art simulation laboratory.
The family medicine residency is a stand-alone residency program in the primary hospital, creating an environment where the residents are unopposed for good teaching cases. The primary hospital is fully committed to supporting resident education and has built a new, state-of-the-art medical library, as well as, a state-of-the-art simulation laboratory learning environment.
The primary hospital is physically adjacent to the Michigan Masonic Home, a large geriatric facility which is home to approximately 450 residents offering services ranging from full nursing home care to fully independent living arrangements.
Family Practice Center - Alma
Our residency clinic building, Family Practice Center - Alma, is adjacent to the hospital, and was completely newly renovated in 2015. The clinical space was designed around the team-based approach to faculty and resident care.
There are in house laboratory services making it convenient for patients and their families. The Family Practice Center has earned designation for Patient Center Medical Home (PCMH) by Blue Cross Blue Shield in 2017.
From the first day at the Family Practice Center (FPC), residents see their own assigned patients and provide comprehensive care during dedicated time.
Services at the Family Practice Center – Alma
- Comprehensive Care - We care for patients of all ages, from birth through geriatrics.
- Prenatal Care - The Family Practice Center (FPC) offers prenatal care for expectant mothers. Patients receive all components of prenatal care, including health assessment, education, and postpartum care.
- Sports Medicine - Our physicians see all types of musculoskeletal injuries, including sprains, strains, non-complicated fractures and arthritis.
- Pediatric Care - The Family Practice Center provides outstanding care for infants and children, including well-child visits, sports physicals, and immunizations. The Family Practice Center provides comprehensive care to older patients.
- Geriatrics - The faculty and residents follow their patients in the local nursing facilities and do home visits to help patients who are unable to leave their homes.
- Point of Care Ultrasound - The faculty and resident are able to demonstrate their diagnostic and procedural skills using POCUS.
Our Family Practice resident and faculty perform several procedures. Examples of procedures Family Practice residents and faculty are skilled to do:
- Skin Biopsies
- Cast Application
- Women's Health Procedures including IUD, Nexplanon
- Joint Injections
- Wart Treatment