Application & Interviews
How to Apply
We are a three-year unopposed program and accept applications for first year residents only through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). In addition, applications must be completed through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
We are unable to offer observerships or externships.
For All Applicants
- Deadline for all application materials is December 1st.
- You must have three letters of recommendation with at least one being from a Board Certified Family Medicine Physician.
- USMLE/COMLEX Scores - We look at the first and/or second attempt for Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS (USMLE), or Level 1 and Level 2 (COMLEX).
- Personal Statement: Please tell us about why you are choosing Family Medicine and why Alma, Michigan.
- Be ECFMG Certified.
- Have clinical experience in the United States, preferably within the specialty of Family Medicine.
- Be a United States Citizen or have permanent resident status. We do not sponsor or support any Visas.
- Have graduated medical school within the last 3 years.
- We do follow the California approved/disapproved medical school list.
Applications will also be evaluated in regard to:
- Work history and educational background.
- Evidence of medical school rotations in family medicine or evidence of experience in the specialty of family medicine gained in a health care setting outside of medical school.
- Language and communication skills.
Interviews are scheduled by invitation only. We will be offering virtual interviews due to the COVID-19 pandemic, during the 2020-2021 recruitment season.
Contacting the Program Coordinator
Applications may be submitted through the dean of your medical school using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Once you apply, further correspondence should be directed to:
Lesha Colthorp, B.B.A.
MSU/MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot Family Medicine Residency Program
300 E. Warwick Drive
Alma, Michigan 48801
Phone (989) 466-3627