About MSU/MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot Family Medicine Residency
Why Choose Us?
We are an unopposed Family medicine Residency Program. There are no other residents at MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot, which provides an access to the best hands-on learning opportunities. The intimate size of our program allows for tailored training to meet your needs.
The Best of Both Worlds
Our program is sponsored by Michigan State University, but is housed in a rural community. We offer:
The rural environment provides comprehensive care of large underserved population. You will be getting an excellent training to be competent to treat patients with more complex conditions and comorbidities.
- Inpatient Pediatric Care in advanced health care facility in Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, MI.
- MidMichigan Health is a training campus for Michigan State University (MSU) and Central Michigan University (CMU) students. This provides an opportunity to develop leadership skills with mentoring and guiding medical students.
- We offer MSU Statewide Campus System in addition to on-site Didactics.
- Our program is sponsored by MSU, but our health care system is affiliated with University of Michigan (U of M). This provides an opportunity to practice in a small community hospital while also having access to large academic centers.
- Our Residency program collaborates with both MSU Transdisciplinary Graduate Fellows Program and University of Michigan (U of M) on topics related to rural health medicine.
Cost of Living and Safety
Alma, Michigan is located in the heart of the Lower Peninsula and is close to large community districts. Some like to say that we are “urban rural”. You will be living in a very safe community. The county also includes Alma College, a private liberal arts college, with 1,400 students.
- Unopposed residency in a small safe rural hospital
- Our program gives opportunity to build a solid foundation while allowing for innovation
- The intimate size allows for tailored training to meet your needs
- Substantial and sustained institutional support from both Michigan State University (MSU) and MidMichigan Heath
- Commitment and support from many outstanding clinical faculty
- Rural health region with significant socioeconomic diversity
- MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot is the sole hospital in the community. It has a large population of patients with diverse, complex illnesses and pathology
- Alma is a safe, affordable college town located in the heart of the Lower Peninsula
The program will train high quality compassionate family medicine physicians devoted to serve the rural communities, while addressing the health care needs of our diverse population.
How to Apply
See Applications and Interviews