About MSU/MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot Family Medicine Residency
Our program is an unopposed three-year program, which means there are no other residents to compete against for clinical hands-on experience. We are focused on rural, community-based hospital and clinical practice. Training takes place primarily at MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot. Most physician office rotations and all continuity clinics are based in Alma.
We are a unique program, as our health system is affiliated with the University of Michigan, our residency program is sponsored by Michigan State University, College of Human Medicine. This provides you with the opportunity to practice in a small community hospital, while also providing access to large academic centers as well.
Additionally, MidMichigan Health is a clinical training campus for Michigan State University (MSU) and Central Michigan University (CMU) medical students. This provide an opportunity for you as a resident to develop leadership skills with mentoring and guiding medical students.
Applications must be completed thorough ERAS. We will accept applications through the National Resident Matching Program (NMRP).
You will see our program listed through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS):
ACGME ID: 1202500734
Program Name: Michigan State University Program
Specialty: Family Medicine
- Unopposed residency in a small safe rural hospital
- Our program is moderately new and gives opportunity to build a solid foundation while allowing for innovation
- The intimate size allows for tailored training to meet your needs
- Substantial and sustained institutional support from both Michigan State University (MSU) and MidMichigan Heath
- Commitment and support from many outstanding clinical faculty
- Rural health region with significant socio-economic diversity
- MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot is the sole hospital in the community. It has a large population of patients with diverse, complex illnesses and pathology
- Alma is a safe, affordable college town located in the heart of the Lower Peninsula
The program will train high quality compassionate family medicine physicians devoted to serve the rural communities, while addressing the health care needs of our diverse population.
MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot. Innovative Facilities. Laid-back Lifestyle.
A Top 100 Hospital with innovative patient rooms, outstanding teamwork and leading technology. All in a vibrant and safe college community.
- Patient and Family Centered
- Evidence Based
- Whole Person
- Across the Lifespan
- Physician Wellness
- Cost Effectiveness
- Collaboration - Inter-professionalism
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Population Health
How to Apply
See Applications and Interviews