About MSU/MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot Family Medicine Residency
In collaboration with Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot has an unopposed three-year program approved for training in allopathic medicine.
The MSU/MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot Family Medicine Residency Program, located in Alma, Michigan, is focused on rural, community-based hospital and clinical practice. Most physician office rotations and all continuity clinics are based in Alma.
Our program was approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) in October 2015.
Applications must be completed through ERAS, and we will accept applications for first year residents only through the National Resident Matching Program (NMRP).
You will see our program listed through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS):
ACGME ID: 1202500734
Program Name: Michigan State University Program
Specialty: Family Medicine
- Our program is moderately new and gives opportunity to build a solid foundation while allowing for innovation.
- The intimate size allows for tailored training to meet your needs
- Unopposed residency in a small rural hospital.
- Substantial and sustained institutional support from both Michigan State University (MSU) and MidMichigan Heath.
- Commitment and support from many outstanding clinical faculty.
- Rural health region with significant socio-economic diversity.
- MidMichigan Medical Center-Gratiot is the sole hospital in the community. It has a large population of patients with diverse, complex illnesses and pathology.
- Alma is a safe, affordable college town located in the heart of the Lower Peninsula.
The program will train high quality compassionate family medicine physicians devoted to serve the rural communities, while addressing the health care needs of our diverse population.
MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot. Innovative Facilities. Laid-back Lifestyle.
A Top 100 Hospital with innovative patient rooms, outstanding teamwork and leading technology. All in a vibrant and safe college community.
- Patient and Family Centered
- Evidence Based
- Whole Person
- Across the Lifespan
- Physician Wellness
- Cost Effectiveness
- Collaboration - Inter-professionalism
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Population Health
How to Apply
See Applications and Interviews