Other - Visiting Medical Student Application Process
MidMichigan Health offers elective experiences to students from member institutions of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and other LCME accredited medical schools. Medical students who attend international medical schools listed on the California List of Approved schools and who are in good academic standing may also apply.
Midland Regional Campus is based in Midland, Michigan, home to MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland. Suburban opportunities available the Medical Center in Midland and MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot in Alma. Rural opportunities are available at MidMichigan Medical Center - Clare and MidMichigan Medical Center - Gladwin.
Our medical communities provide access to sophisticated, advanced health care facilities comparable to many leading academic centers. In addition, we have safe and affordable lifestyle options with exciting year-round recreation and cultural opportunities. Students have the opportunity to receive one-on-one supervision or team-based learning while working in clinical medicine.
Who May Apply?
Pre-Medical & Pre-Clinical Medical Students and International Medical Students
- Applicants must be in good academic standing.
- Have met prerequisites by completing his or her own school's required clerkship in the elective discipline being requested.
- Students must have passed the United States Medial Licenisng Examination (USMLE) Step 1.
- Must have received required immunizations.
- Attained senior status prior to enrollment.
- Must have approval from their medical school to take elective rotations at MSU College of Human Medicine - Midland Regional Campus/MidMichigan Health, and provide us with the required documentation.
- Visiting students must provide proof of medical professional liability in the amount of $1,000,000/$3,000,000.
What is Available?
- Academic year begins July 1st and ends June 30th.
- Applications for next academic year are accepted beginning May 1st.
- Completed applications are due to the Undergraduate Medical Education office absolutely no later than 60 days prior to the started of the requested rotation.
How to Apply?
- Pre-Medical & Pre-Clinical Medical Students may explore potential career specialties at the MSU College of Human Medicine Midland Regional Campus. Apply by downloading and submitting the Visiting Medical Student Application.
Medical Students who attend international medical schools listed on the California List of Approved Schools, and who are in good academic standing at their school, may apply for audition elective rotation with The Family Medicine Residency Program at MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland.
Students applying to the residency program will be given priority consideration for Family Medicine elective rotations.
Apply by downloading and submitting the Visiting Medical Student Application.
- A $100 non-refundable application fee is due with your application. Please make your check or money order payable to MidMichigan Physician’s Group. In the memo section of the check, please put “Visiting Medical Student Elective.”
- Submit all submit application, all supporting documentation and application fee, to the undergraduate medical education office at MidMichigan Health.