Other - Visiting Residents/Medical Students
MidMichigan Health offers elective experiences to students from member institutions of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and other LCME accredited medical schools. Medical students who attend international medical schools listed on the California List of Approved schools and who are in good academic standing may also apply.
Our medical communities provide access to sophisticated, advanced health care facilities comparable to many leading academic centers throughout our region. In addition, we have safe and affordable lifestyle options with exciting year-round recreation and cultural opportunities. Students have the opportunity to receive one-on-one supervision or team-based learning while working in clinical medicine.
Who May Apply?
Pre-Medical & Pre-Clinical Medical Students and International Medical Students
- Applicants must be in good academic standing from an AAMC, AOA, LCME accredited medical schools or an intentional medical school on the California List of Approved Schools.
- Have met prerequisites by completing his or her own school's required clerkship in the elective discipline being requested.
- Students must have passed the United States Medial Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1.
- Must have received required immunizations.
- Attained senior status prior to enrollment.
- Must have/establish affiliation agreement between medical school and MidMichigan Health.
- Must have approval from their medical school to take elective rotations at MidMichigan Health and provide us with the required documentation.
- Visiting students must provide proof of medical professional liability in the amount of $1,000,000/$3,000,000.
What is Available?
- Academic year begins July 1st and ends June 30th.
- Applications for next academic year are accepted beginning May 1st.
- Completed applications are due to the Academic Affairs office, no later than 60 days prior, to the started of the requested rotation.
How to Apply?