The Tolfree Scholarship Fund was created by the MidMichigan Health Foundation Board of Directors to further health care education in its service area to provide quality healthcare professionals for its citizens. Donor designated funds are disbursed annually from this scholarship.
A tuition award up to $500 will be granted of a resident in the MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch service area, and paid directly to the recipient’s educational institution upon notification of acceptance into an accredited educational institution.
Who Should Apply?
Eligible applicants must:
- Primary residency must be in Alger, Au Gres, Gladwin, Hale, Houghton Lake, Mio, Prescott, Roscommon, Rose City, St. Helen, Tawas, West Branch, Whittemore.
- GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- Acceptance by at an accredited educational institution in a health care field of study. Proof of enrollment required.
- Letters of recommendation from three people who will address your strengths, skills and other information that should be taken into consideration.
- Submitted current or unofficial transcript must be attached.
- A minimum of 250 word essay typed and double spaced on why you have chosen the healthcare field. Include your goals following graduation, your specific healthcare field and why you are attracted to a healthcare related career.
- A professional reference we may contact: Name, Relationship and Phone Number.
Application forms for the upcoming school year will accepted beginning January 1st of each year with the deadline of March 8th. Scholarship will be awarded in May. Applicants may Download an Application Form, complete it and mail it with all necessary documentation to:
MidMichigan Health Foundation
MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch
2463 South M-30
West Branch, MI 48661
or submit application and documentation via email to Cynthia Longchamps at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact the Cynthia Longchamps at (989) 343-3694 or email@example.com.