Dr. George Schaiberger, Sr., Dr. Howard VanOosten and Dr. Lloyd Wiegerink Memorial Scholarship
The Medical staff at MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch established this memorial scholarship as a tribute to Dr. George Schaiberger, Sr.; Dr. Howard VanOosten; and Dr. Lloyd Wiegerink. All three physicians were pioneers of the early years of the Medical Center, and this scholarship was created in memory of the many selfless hours of exceptional medical care provided by these physicians who were and are venerated as pillars of the West Branch community. The fund will assist students attending or registered to attend higher institutions of education and employees of MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch pursuing their education in a medical career.
A tuition award up to $800 will be granted to anyone interested in furthering their education in health care with preference given to high school seniors and students, or MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch employees entering a field of study related to health care. Scholarships will be paid directly to the recipient’s educational institution upon notification of acceptance into an accredited educational institution.
Who Should Apply?
Eligible applicants must:
- Primary residency must be in Alger, Au Gres, Gladwin, Hale, Houghton Lake, Mio, Prescott, Roscommon, Rose City, St. Helen, Tawas, West Branch, Whittemore.
- GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- Acceptance by at an accredited educational institution in a health care field of study. Proof of enrollment required.
- Letters of recommendation from three people who will address your strengths, skills and other information that should be taken into consideration.
- Submitted current or unofficial transcript must be attached.
- A minimum of 250 word essay typed and double spaced on why you have chosen the healthcare field. Include your goals following graduation, your specific healthcare field and why you are attracted to a healthcare related career.
- A professional reference we may contact: Name, Relationship and Phone Number.
Application forms for the upcoming school year will accepted beginning January 1st of each year with the deadline of May 1st. Scholarship will be awarded in May. Applicants may Download an Application Form, complete it and mail it with all necessary documentation to:
MidMichigan Health Foundation
MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch
2463 South M-30
West Branch, MI 48661
or submit application and documentation via email to Nicole Potter at email@example.com.
For more information, contact the Nicole Potter at (989) 343-3694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.