Paul A. Poling Memorial Fund Scholarship
Paul A. Poling, a resident of West Branch and successful business owner was a long-time Board Trustee of MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch and donor to MidMichigan Health Foundation. His firm belief in education and desire to provide for future healthcare professionals for this region, led him to leave in his estate $500,000 to create the Paul A. Poling Memorial Fund Scholarship. Due to his many years on the MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch Board of Directors, Paul prioritized his fund “to support graduates of any high school in MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch’s service area, graduates of Kirtland Community College School of Nursing pursuing their Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, and employees currently employed in health care and who are continuing their education towards a higher degree in healthcare.
Priority is to be given over any other applicant to: Children of members of the Board of Trustees of MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch, MidMichigan Health Foundation, and any other MidMichigan Health related Board. An exception from Paul A. Poling's last will and testament: "Children of MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch employees shall NOT be given preference over any other applicants.”
A minimum of two (2) $2,500 scholarships will be granted and paid directly to the recipient’s educational institution upon notification of acceptance into an accredited educational institution.
Who Should Apply?
Eligible applicants must:
- Primary residency must be in Alger, Au Gres, Gladwin, Hale, Houghton Lake, Mio, Prescott, Roscommon, Rose City, St. Helen, Tawas, West Branch, Whittemore.
- GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- Acceptance by at an accredited educational institution in a health care field of study. Proof of enrollment required.
- Letters of recommendation from three people who will address your strengths, skills and other information that should be taken into consideration.
- Submitted current or unofficial transcript must be attached.
- A minimum of 250 word essay typed and double spaced on why you have chosen the healthcare field. Include your goals following graduation, your specific healthcare field and why you are attracted to a healthcare related career.
- A professional reference we may contact: Name, Relationship and Phone Number.
Application forms for the upcoming school year will accepted beginning January 1st of each year with the deadline of May 1st. Scholarship will be awarded in May. Applicants may Download an Application Form, complete it and mail it with all necessary documentation to:
MidMichigan Health Foundation
MidMichigan Medical Center – West Branch
2463 South M-30
West Branch, MI 48661
or submit application and documentation via email to Nicole Potter at email@example.com.
For more information, contact the Nicole Potter at (989) 343-3694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.