William E. & Mary C. DesOrmeau Education Scholarship
MidMichigan Medical Center - Alpena is like every other hospital when it comes to the current shortage of nursing personnel. Former Chief Nursing Officer, Mary DesOrmeau, and her husband, Bill, established this $1,000 scholarship in direct response to the nursing shortage. This scholarship assists full-time second level students that are enrolled in a nursing program.
Who Should Apply?
- Must be a resident of the Alpena, Alcona, Montmorency or Presque Isle County
- GPA must be 3.0 or higher
- Your program of study must be Nursing
- You must be enrolled as a full-time second year student in your core curriculum of study
- You must demonstrate financial need
- Applicant must include a copy of the Student Aid Report and a signed release to allow the financial aid office to release need-based information
- You must be enrolled in a Michigan school in a traditional course of study (distance learning programs are not eligible)
- You must have demonstrated leadership qualities in school or community activities
- A letter of recommendation from the program director which indicates GPA
- Letters of recommendations (other than your program director) from three people who will address your strengths, skills and any other information that should be taken into consideration
- Submit current transcript
- Upon graduation, applicant must be willing to accept employment, if offered, at MidMichigan Medical Center - Alpena
Application forms for the upcoming school year will be accepted beginning April 1 of each year with the deadline of June 1. Applicants will be notified by the end of June. Applicants may Download an Application Form, complete it and mail it with all necessary documentation to:
MidMichigan Medical Center – Alpena
Attn: Fund Development
1501 W. Chisholm Street
Alpena, MI 49707
For more information, contact the Development Council Director at (989) 356-7738 or firstname.lastname@example.org.