Dr. Peter Aliferis Memorial Education Scholarship
The Medical Center Laboratory staff established this fund as a tribute to Dr. Peter Aliferis, a Pathologist for 37 years. Dr. Aliferis passed away on March 13, 2002, and the scholarship fund is in memory of his many contributions to the hospital and community. This $1,000 scholarship will help residents pursue a career in the clinical laboratory science field or medical school.
Who Should Apply?
- Must be a resident of Alpena, Alcona, Montmorency or Presque Isle County
- GPA must be 3.0 or higher
- You must be a second year student enrolled in a clinical laboratory curriculum of study at an accredited school or enrolled in medical school
- You must demonstrate financial need
- Applicant must include a copy of the Student Aid Report and a signed release to allow the financial aid office to release need-based information
- You must be enrolled in a Michigan school in a traditional course of study (distance learning programs are not eligible)
- A letter of recommendation from the program director which indicates GPA
- Letters of recommendations (other than your program director) from three people who will address your strengths, skills and any other information that should be taken into consideration
- Submit current transcript.
Application forms for the upcoming school year will be accepted beginning April 1 of each year with the deadline of June 1. Applicants will be notified by the end of June. Applicants may Download an Application Form, complete it and mail it with all necessary documentation to:
MidMichigan Medical Center – Alpena
Attn: Fund Development
1501 W. Chisholm Street
Alpena, MI 49707
For more information, contact the Development Council Director at (989) 356-7738 or email@example.com.