- Year began practicing:
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine (Surgical)
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Acromioplasty
- Arthroscopic Elbow Surgery
- Arthroscopic Meniscus Repair
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Hip Resurfacing
- Knee Cartilage Implantation
- Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement
- Shoulder Resurfacing
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- BCN Medicare Advantage
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Cross Blue Preferred Plus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross PPO & Comm. Blue
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP - PPO
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- Meridian Health Plan
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- Physicians Health Plan
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage HMO
- Priority Health PPO
- TriCare for Life
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Standard & Extra
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, DOCTOR OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
- Genesys Regional Medical Center, Flint MI
- Genesys Regional Medical Center, Flint MI, ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY
- New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA, SPORTS MEDICINE
Sports Orthopedic Specialist
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- Association of Military Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
- Michigan Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
- Michigan State Medical Society
"I offer patients both surgical and non-surgical treatment options, while taking advantage of the latest technological options that have been made in the field of joint replacement and arthroscopic surgery."
Joseph Yacisen, D.O., is an orthopedic surgeon treating patients in Gratiot, Isabella, Clare and surrounding counties.
Dr. Yacisen received his medical degree from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale. He completed his residency at Genesys Regional Medical Center in Grand Blanc and a sports medicine fellowship at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston. During his fellowship, Dr. Yacisen had the opportunity to treat elite athletes on a collegiate and professional level—the Northeastern University Huskies and Boston Celtics, respectively.
After completing his fellowship, Dr. Yacisen served as a Lieutenant Commander in the United States Navy. He served as an orthopedic surgeon at Great Lakes Naval Hospital in Great Lakes, Illinois, and Jacksonville Naval Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida. “I am grateful for my time in the United States Navy, and feel honored to have been able to help the men and women in the armed forces,” said Dr. Yacisen.
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Yacisen’s primary focus is helping patients resume their normal activity level, whether it is high-level sports or restoring comfort and function for activities of daily living.
“I offer patients both surgical and non-surgical treatment options, while taking advantage of the latest technological options that have been made in the field of joint replacement and arthroscopic surgery,” said Dr. Yacisen.
Special Interests and Procedures
In addition to his extensive experience in sports medicine, Dr. Yacisen has a number of other special interests. He specializes in total joint replacement of the knee, hip, shoulder and thumb/hand joints using minimally invasive techniques; joint resurfacing for younger patients with degenerative joint disease; arthroscopic surgery; musculoskeletal injuries, including fractures, knee ligament injuries, hip and shoulder labral injuries, and rotator cuff, back and ankle injuries; and reverse total shoulders for chronic rotator cuff tears.
Dr. Yacisen also has a special interest in treating conditions such as carpal tunnel, tendonitis, ganglion cysts, bunions, cartilage injuries that require cartilage reimplantation and muscle and tendon injuries.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.