- Year began practicing:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Internal Medicine
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Atrial Fibrillation Ablation
- IMPLANTABLE CARDIAC DEFIBRILLATOR
- Permanent Pacemaker
- Supraventricular Tachycardia Ablation
- Ventricular Tachycardia Ablation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
Education & Training
- Cebu Institute of Medicine, Cebu City, Phillippines, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, NY, INTERNAL MEDICINE
- UMass Memorial Medical Center, Worcester, MA, ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY
- New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, NY, CARDIOLOGY
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- American College of Cardiology
- Heart Rhythm Society
- American Medical Association
“I want to build trust with my patients so I can deliver the best care possible.”
William Michael Mellana Jr., M.D., is a board-certified electrophysiologist with MidMichigan Health and is a member of the comprehensive heart and vascular team. This team includes cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, electrophysiologists, heart failure and structural heart specialists, as well as vascular and cardiovascular surgeons. As an electrophysiologist, he treats patients with atrial fibrillation and other electrical heart rhythm disorders.
According to Dr. Mellana, he has always been interested in the field of cardiology and in particular, the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias. He is most excited about recent advancements in the ablation of complex cardiac arrhythmias and the use of left atrial appendage occlusion devices.
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Mellana believes in treating each and every patient as if they were a member of his family. “I want to build trust with my patients so I can deliver the best care possible,” he said. “The most satisfying aspect of my work is making a difference in the lives of my patients. When developing a treatment plan, I always have their best interest in mind.”
Special Interests and Procedures
Dr. Mellana specializes in ablation techniques, including atrial fibrillation ablation, ventricular tachycardia ablation and supraventricular tachycardia ablation. He is also experienced in cardioverter-defibrillator implants (ICD), permanent pacemakers (PPM) implants and Watchman implants. Additionally, Dr. Mellana co-authored numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and other publications.
He recently moved to Midland with his wife Tina and two daughters Adriana and Tia. In his free time, he enjoys jogging and cooking and recently picked up mountain biking.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.