- Year began practicing:
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Adult Scoliosis Surgery
- Brain & Spine Trauma
- Brain Tumors
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Complex Spine Surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP - PPO
- HAP - Preferred
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- McLaren Health Plan - Medicaid
- Molina - Medicaid
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage HMO
- Priority Health PPO
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- University of South Alabama Medical Center, Mobile, AL, GENERAL SURGERY
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, NEUROSURGERY
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, SPINAL SURGERY
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- American Academy of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
" I enjoy working as a team to accomplish a goal and seeing my patients return to normal life."
Adrian Smith, M.D., specializes in neurosurgery and sees patients with a variety of brain and spine conditions at MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland.
Dr. Smith has fellowship training in complex spine surgeries, including adult deformity spine surgery and minimally-invasive spine surgery. During his residency, he spent six months training in treating complex brain tumors at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. He has participated in research regarding the neuroprotective effects of statins and the safety and pharmokinetics of Riluzole in patients with spinal cord injury.
He was employed as a neurosurgeon at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany, Georgia before coming to MidMichigan.
Philosophy of Care
“I believe in working as a team to accomplish a goal. One of the most satisfying aspects of my work is seeing my patients return to normal life activities,” said Dr. Smith.
Dr. Smith’s pastimes include traveling, hiking and reading.
“I was born and raised in Michigan and most of my immediate family (mother, father, sister, nieces and nephews) are still in Michigan, so I’m happy to be back in the state where I grew up.”
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.