- Year began practicing:
- Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Bone Anchored Hearing Aids
- Chronic Ear & Mastoid Surgery
- Cochlear Implantation
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Head & Neck Cancer Treatment
- Meniere's Disease / Inner Ear Hydrops
- Middle Ear & Reconstructive Hearing Surgery
- Nasal & Sinus Surgery
- Parathyroid Surgery
- Sleep Apnea
- Thyroid Surgery
- Voice & Airway Surgery
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- BCN Medicare Advantage
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross PPO & Comm. Blue
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP - PPO
- HAP - Preferred
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- McLaren - Medicaid
- Medicare Advantage (BCBS)
- Medicare Railroad
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Pomona, CA, DOCTOR OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
- Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI, OTOLARYNGOLOGY, HEAD AND NECK SURGERY
- Paparella Ear Head & Neck Institute, Minneapolis, MN, OTOLOGY
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Rhinologic Society
"The aspect of patient care that I enjoy the most is simply having the opportunity to interact with people from all walks of life."
Said S. Sana, D.O., is an otolaryngologist with MidMichigan Physicians Group. He specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the ear, nose and throat; the neck and associated glandular structures of the head and neck (thyroid, parotid, parathyroid); associated cancers; and sleep disorders that are treated by surgery. Dr. Sana treats adults and children of all ages, and is trained in both medical and surgical care.
“I enjoy working with people and decided to go into otolaryngology because of the complex anatomy and precision required in performing these surgeries,” he said. “I continued my education and completed a fellowship in otology because I really enjoy being able to help patients regain their sense of hearing and dramatic improve the quality of their life.”
Dr. Sana is especially interested in recent advancements in the field of otolaryngology pertaining to cochlear implantation technology to help restore hearing. A cochlear implant is a surgically implanted electronic device that provides a sense of sound to a person who is profoundly deaf or severely hard of hearing in both ears.
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Sana feels his job is to educate patients on their medical issues and help guide them in making decisions in their own care, within reason. “I feel that a physician-patient relationship is bilateral and I like to include patients in the decision-making process,” he said. “The aspect of patient care that I enjoy the most is simply having the opportunity to interact with people from all walks of life.”
Special Interests and Procedures
Dr. Sana is the only otology fellowship-trained ear surgeon in the Great Lakes Bay region. He specializes in chronic ear and mastoid surgery, cochlear implantation, middle ear and reconstructive hearing surgery, bone anchored hearing aids, tinnitus, Meniere’s disease/inner ear hydrops, as well as hearing evaluations. Additionally he performs general otolaryngology procedures including nasal and sinus surgery, treatment of head and neck cancers, thyroid and parathyroid surgery, sleep apnea, allergies, voice and airway surgery and facial cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Sana lives on the Saginaw Bay in Linwood with his wife and young daughter. In his free time he enjoys boating and fishing.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.