- Year began practicing:
- Medical Oncology/Hematology
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Bone Marrow Aspiration
- Breast Cancer Treatment
- Colorectal Cancer Treatment
- Hematologic Disorder Treatment
- Joint Aspiration
- Lung Cancer Treatment
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Care Network Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Trust PPO
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- McLaren Health Plan - Medicaid
- Meridian Health Plan - Medicaid
- Molina - Medicaid
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage HMO
- Priority Health PPO
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Patna University, Patna, India, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- Sinai-Grace Hospital, Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Karmanos Cancer Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, MEDICAL ONCOLOGY AND HEMATOLOGY
MidMichigan Physicians Group
"I realize that compassion and mutual understanding are needed in order to successfully address cancer care for many patients."
Tannu Sahay, M.D., is a medical oncologist and hematologist with MidMichigan Physicians Group and is a member of the comprehensive cancer care team at MidMichigan Health. This experienced team includes medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, specialized surgeons, interventional radiologists, as well as breast nurse navigators, a lung cancer navigator and a genetic counselor. She is on the medical staff at MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot and oversees the Cancer Center at MidMichigan Medical Center - Mt. Pleasant.
Dr. Sahay cares for patients who have cancer and blood disorders. She is board certified in medical oncology and internal medicine and is board eligible in hematology.
Dr. Sahay obtained her medical degree from Patna University in India. She completed her residency at Sinai-Grace Hospital, Detroit Medical Center, through Wayne State University, during which she earned the title of chief medical resident. She also received the prestigious title of chief fellow at Karmanos Cancer Center at Wayne State University.
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Sahay believes in knowledge based, advanced and innovative patient-centered care. “I realize that compassion and mutual understanding are needed in order to successfully address cancer care for many patients,” said Dr. Sahay. “The unique ability to have a lifesaving impact for my patients is the most rewarding part of my job.”
Dr. Sahay enjoys spending time with her family, reading and traveling to new places are some other hobbies she enjoys doing during her free time.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.