- Year began practicing:
- Internal Medicine
- Transplant Hepatology
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Cirrhosis Care
- Liver Transplantation
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross PPO & Comm. Blue
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP - PPO
- HAP - Preferred
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- McLaren Health Plan - Medicaid
- Medicare Advantage (BCBS)
- Medicare Railroad
- Meridian Health Plan - Medicaid
- Molina - Medicaid
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Standard
- TriCare Standard & Extra
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- University of Virginia, School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, MASTERS OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH SCIENCES & OUTCOMES RESEARCH
- Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center, Chicago, IL, INTERNAL MEDICINE
- Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center, Chicago, IL, GASTROENTEROLOGY & HEPATOLOGY
- Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center, Chicago, IL, ADVANCED HEPATOLOGY & TRANSPLANTATION
Advanced Hepatology Specialty Clinic
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiologists and Oncologists
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease
- International Liver Cancer Association
"I strongly believe in involving my patients in decision making regarding their care plan. I use the most up-to-date evidence in the care of patients with chronic liver disease to help ensure the best possible outcomes."
Neehar Parikh, M.D., M.S., specializes in gastroenterology and transplant hepatology and serves on the medical staff at the University of Michigan, as well as MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland.
Dr. Parikh, along with his colleague Pratima Sharma, M.D., provide a monthly Advanced Hepatology Specialty Clinic on the campus of MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland to offer expert consultation services to patients from central and northern Michigan with advanced or complex liver disease.
Dr. Parikh is currently the medical director of the Liver Tumor Program at the University of Michigan.
Philosophy of Care
“A patient-centered approach is central to how care for individuals with liver disease,” he said. “I strongly believe in involving my patients in decision making regarding their care plan. I use the most up-to-date evidence in the care of patients with chronic liver disease to help ensure the best possible outcomes.”
Dr. Parikh’s clinic interests include the care of patients with cirrhosis of the liver and its associated complications, liver transplantation and liver cancer. He has published numerous research studies related to these topics and several peer-reviewed journals.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.