- Year began practicing:
- Critical Care Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonology Disease
- sleep disorders
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Arterial Puncture
- Central Line Placement
- Pleural Evacuation
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Sleep Disorders
- Tracheal Aspiration
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- BCBS- Blue Preferred
- BCN Medicare Advantage
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Cross Blue Preferred Plus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross PPO & Comm. Blue
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- McLaren - Medicaid
- Meridian Health Plan
- PHP-Physicians Health Plan
- Priority Health
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health MA HMO/PPO
- Priority Health PPO
Education & Training
- Damascus University, Damascus, Syria, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- The Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, NY
- St. Louis Hospital, Damascus, Syria, INTERNAL MEDICINE
- Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, INTERNAL MEDICINE
- Sinai Hospital of Detroit, Detroit, MI, PULMONARY MEDICINE
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE
- American College of Physicians
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American College of Chest Physicians
"My philosophy is to treat each patient with compassion, dignity and respect - the same way I would a member of my family."
Board Certified Pulmonologist Elie M. Obeid, M.D., is a member of MidMichigan Physicians Group, a multi-specialty physician practice that provides patients with access to compassionate, quality medical care. Dr. Obeid is on the medical staff at MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot and welcomes pulmonary patients to his office in Mt. Pleasant. He obtained his medical degree from Damascus University in Syria. After leaving Syria, Dr. Obeid completed an internship at New York Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, and an internal medicine residency at Boston University School of Medicine, Mass. He later went on to complete fellowships in critical care medicine at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and pulmonary medicine at Sinai Hospital of Detroit.
Dr. Obeid is board certified in critical care medicine, pulmonology disease and sleep medicine.
Dr. Obeid is a member of the American College of Chest Physicians and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Philosophy of Care
“My philosophy is to treat each patient with compassion, dignity and respect - the same way I would a member of my family.” Dr. Obeid said.
“I have served the Mt. Pleasant community and many of the surrounding areas since July 1996. Family is very important to me, as is taking care of my patients.”
Special Interests and Procedures
Dr. Obeid has special interests in arterial puncture, bronchoscopy, pleural evacuation, pulmonary function tests, thoracentesis, tracheal aspiration and central line placement.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.