- Year began practicing:
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Care Network Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Trust PPO
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- HAP - PPO
- HAP - Preferred
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- McLaren Health Plan - Medicaid
- Meridian Health Plan - Medicaid
- Molina - Medicaid
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage HMO
- Priority Health PPO
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Standard
- TriCare Standard & Extra
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Yale University, New Haven, CT, BACHELORS OF SCIENCE IN CHEMISTRY
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, INTERNAL MEDICINE
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
Garry Ng, M.D. is an internal medicine physician who sees patients ages 18 and older at the East End building in downtown Midland.
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Ng majored in chemistry at Yale, and was inspired to go to medical school after job shadowing and volunteering at a local hospital. He feels that education is key to a patient’s well-being.
“A well-informed patient is able to make good choices, so I strive to make sure my patients understand their condition, their treatment options and why they are taking the medications they are taking,” Dr. Ng said. “That knowledge helps them to be more naturally reassured, which can reduce their stress and improve their overall health.”
“I expect my patients to ask questions and come in with an open mind. They should not be afraid to acknowledge the medical issues they may have, because understanding can overcome fear, and together there is a lot we can do to manage their condition. That kind of patient-centered care is more helpful than a physician just telling the patient what to do.”
Dr. Ng was born and raised in Michigan, and his wife is also from Michigan. They are happy to be back in the state after spending some time on the east coast.
“We both prefer a smaller city, and we were particularly impressed with Midland as a vibrant, up and coming city. I feel that the tight-knit community here will enable me to get to know my neighbors and my patients better and that we can achieve better continuity of care in a smaller community.”
Midland is close to home for the couple, who have family in Canton and Troy. They were also attracted to the many recreational facilities such as biking trails and nature trails.
“Michigan is a very scenic place, and we enjoy nature and travelling to places like Traverse City, Sleeping Bear Dunes and the Upper Peninsula.”
Dr. Ng other interests include biking, walking, skiing and camping.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.