- Year began practicing:
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Cystoscopic Urological Procedures
- Endoscopic Urology Surgery
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic Urology Surgery
- Lithotripsy for Kidney Stones
- Robotic Prostatectomy
- Robotic Surgery
- Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumors (TURBT)
- Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP - PPO
- HAP - Preferred
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- McLaren Health Plan - Medicaid
- Molina - Medicaid
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage PPO
- Priority Health PPO
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO, DOCTOR OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
- Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, MI, UROLOGY
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Association of Clinical Urologists
- American Urological Association
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Michigan Osteopathic Association
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
"I believe in establishing a collaborative relationship with my patients and encouraging them to actively participate in their care and decision making."
Altin Miraka, D.O., is a urologist with MidMichigan Physicians Group and treats a wide variety of urological conditions using the latest treatment techniques.
As a urologist, Dr. Miraka specializes in both the diagnosis and medical and surgical treatment of diseases of the male and female urinary-tract system, as well as the male reproductive organs. He also treats conditions affecting the bladder, urethra, ureters, kidneys and adrenal glands.
“I chose the field of urology because I can make a difference in patients’ lives by improving their overall quality of life,” he said.
According to Dr. Miraka, an exciting medical development in the field of urology is the recent breakthrough in genetic testing to not only help with diagnosis, but also with prognostic factors on different urological malignancies. Before coming to MidMichigan, he served on the medical staff at Hurley Medical Center in Flint.
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Miraka believes in focusing on care for the whole patient with an emphasis on patient education about wellness and illness prevention, as well as expedient urological intervention when necessary.
“I believe in establishing a collaborative relationship with my patients and encouraging them to actively participate in their care and decision making,” he said. “The most satisfying aspect of my work is being able to improve my patients’ quality of life. I enjoy getting to know them and helping them through difficult times of illness, as well as educating them on how to live an overall healthier life. I believe in being a strong advocate for my patients, especially during times of need.”
Special Interests and Procedures
Dr. Miraka is experienced in a wide variety of urological surgeries, including laparoscopic nephrectomy, robotic prostatectomy, stone lithotripsy, transurethral resection of bladder tumors (TURBT), transurethral resection of prostate (TURP), circumcision, and many other urological cystoscopic urological procedures.
In his free time, Dr. Miraka enjoys exercise, philosophy and alternative medicine. He also loves to teach and work with medical students and residents.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.