- Year began practicing:
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- da Vinci® Surgical Procedures
- Essure® Sterilization
- Health Maintenance Exams
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pelvic Pain
- Preventive Medicine
- Single Incision Surgical Procedures
- Urinary Incontinence
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Care Network Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Trust PPO
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP - PPO
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- McLaren Health Plan - Medicaid
- Meridian Health Plan - Medicaid
- Molina - Medicaid
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage PPO
- Priority Health PPO
- TriCare for Life
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Standard & Extra
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, MO, DOCTOR OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
- Genesys Regional Medical Center, Grand Blanc, MI
- Genesys Regional Medical Center, Grand Blanc, MI, OBSTETRICS/GYNECOLOGY
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- America College of Osteopathic Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- American Osteopathic Association
- Michigan Osteopathic Association
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Iosco County Medical Society
"I truly care about my patients, and my actions always reflect this attitude. I understand that I may be the only person on a particular day who has made a difference for my patient or helped them get through a challenging situation."
Gynecologist John A. Lieberman, D.O., believes that giving patients the knowledge and options they need to take better care of themselves is an important responsibility. “Gynecologists can play a significant role in helping women make healthy choices and maintain a high quality of life,” Dr. Lieberman said. “For example, we not only help educate women about their bodies and how to achieve basic well-being, but we also provide vital screenings to prevent or detect cancer, guide them through difficult transitions such as menopause, and we are here to troubleshoot gynecology problems that can interfere with their everyday activities.”
Philosophy of Care
The patient always comes first, Dr. Lieberman explains about his philosophy of care. “I truly care about my patients, and my actions always reflect this attitude. I understand that I may be the only person on a particular day who has made a difference for my patient or helped them get through a challenging situation,” he said.
He also believes that listening to each patient builds helpful relationships. “When I give patients the time they deserve to tell me about themselves, it allows me to give them what they need,” Dr. Lieberman said.
In addition to women’s health, Dr. Lieberman specializes in minimally invasive surgeries that offer shorter recovery times, minimal pain and earlier return to normal activities. For example, he is experienced in da Vinci robotic-assisted procedures such as hysterectomy and treatment of endometriosis.
He is also committed to training the doctors of the future. He serves as a member of the faculty that teaches both physicians in MidMichigan’s family medicine program and medical students who are doing rotations at MidMichigan’s hospitals.
“These teaching interactions not only help to ensure that the next generation of physicians is ready to take care of women in the future; they also sharpen my thinking and challenge me to keep developing my own skills and expertise.”
Originally from California, Dr. Lieberman moved to Michigan in 2000 and enjoys the state’s climate and winter sports. He also describes himself as “a major car guy” who has restored several classic cars and enjoys racing and car shows.
Special Interests and Procedures
- Pelvic pain and endometriosis
- Health maintenance and prevention
- Fitness weight loss
- Single-site robotic-assisted surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Hysterectomy (vaginal, laparoscopic or abdominal)
- Surgical and medical treatment for urinary incontinence
- Permanent sterilization including the Essure® procedure
Essure is a registered trademark of Conceptus, Inc.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.