- Year began practicing:
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Bone Density Scans
- Bone Disorders
- Bone Health
- Medication Therapy Management
- Osteoporosis Screening
- Secondary Bone Fractures
- Secondary Bone Loss Evaluations
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI, PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- Michigan Academy of Physician Assistants
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
“I hope to create a friendly and open relationship with my patients. I want them to feel comfortable asking questions or bringing up concerns regarding their care or condition.”
DeeAnna Kenny, P.A.-C., is a bone health specialist and a member of the comprehensive musculoskeletal care team at MidMichigan Health. This team includes orthopedic surgeons, sports medicine specialists, podiatrists, neurosurgeons, as well as physical, occupational and speech therapists.
As a bone health specialist, DeeAnna works closely with patients at risk for secondary fractures caused by weakening of the bone. Her role includes:
- Screening and diagnosis of osteoporosis and other metabolic bone disorders to prevent secondary fractures.
- Evaluation for secondary causes of bone loss, such as thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal disorders.
- Coordination of bone density scans and fall risk assessments.
- Counseling on calcium and vitamin D intake.
- Coordination of weight bearing and strengthening exercises through physical therapy.
- Medication therapy management.
- Ongoing treatment monitoring and follow up.
“I feel that osteoporosis and osteopenia are an underserved population in multiple health care settings,” said DeeAnna. “From the ER, to orthopedic specialties and primary care offices, fragility fractures are often diagnosed but further assessment into “why” the patient has the fracture is not thoroughly investigated. We can impact the outcome of many patients’ lives by educating them and providing them tools to prevent further pain and damage to their skeletal system.”
According to DeeAnna, the most satisfying aspect of her role as a provider is to take care of the patient and address them as a whole person with all their medical history.
Philosophy of Care
“My philosophy of care is based on education,” she said. “Patients are more empowered when they are more aware of their condition, what the treatment options are and how to follow through,” said DeeAnna. “By arming them with education and taking the time to discuss their condition, the patient is more confident in the treatment plan and more likely to succeed and overall, and have better outcomes.”
DeeAnna feels her background in family medicine will provide a great base when caring for patients coming to the Bone Health Clinic. She hopes to use her knowledge and level of care in helping create a specific plan with the whole person in mind.
“I hope to educate patients in the prevention of osteoporosis through simple diet and exercise changes that will not only help their bones but their overall health,” she said. “There are many options now when it comes to treating osteoporosis. I think these changes in medication that range from oral, to IV, to injection can really impact a patient in a great way by allowing them to be compliant without making too many life changes. These recent advances in medication options have also reduced the number of side effects many patients were experiencing.”
In her spare time, DeeAnna likes spending time with her husband and two sons. She enjoys walking, swimming, watching movies and reading books. DeeAnna is looking forward to all the family-friendly opportunities the Midland community has to offer.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.