- Year began practicing:
- Internal Medicine
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Arterial Line Insertion
- Central Line Placement
- Hemodialysis Catheter Placement
- Ultrasound Guided Kidney Biopsy
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- BCN Medicare Advantage
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross PPO & Comm. Blue
- Chandler Group
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP - PPO
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Health Care Alliance Pool (HCAP)
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- McLaren - Medicaid
- McLaren Health Plan-Commercial
- Meridian Health Plan
- PHP-Physicians Health Plan
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health MA HMO/PPO
- Priority Health PPO
Education & Training
- Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Amritsar, India, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Youngstown, OH, INTERNAL MEDICINE
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Iowa City, IA, NEPHROLOGY
Prism Primary Care
Deepkamal Kaur, M.D. is an internal medicine physician with a fellowship in nephrology. She sees adult patients at Prism Primary Care in Alma, Michigan, providing both preventive care and management of conditions including kidney diseases, hypertension, diabetes, obesity and thyroid disorders. She also performs nephrology procedures at MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot.
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Kaur wants to create a long lasting relationship of trust with her patients.
“I aim to offer patient-centered care,” she said. “I believe in understanding my patients well before understanding their ailments because every patient is different and deserves individualized care. I want to contribute to society by promoting my patients’ well being. I am committed to my patients and always working towards offering the best care I can provide as a physician.”
Dr. Kaur’s interest in nephrology started early in her internal medicine residency training while seeing patients on dialysis and realizing how vital kidneys are for our well-being. She enjoys the balance between internal medicine and nephrology in her new practice role, which enables her to grow further as a doctor while also participating in caring for inpatients.
Dr. Kaur is also pleased to see how advancements in technology have helped the medical field. One example she cites is the development of electronic medical records, which have made patient care more convenient and centralized for providers and patients.
“I am doing what I always wanted to do, which is being a physician and helping people with their health.”
In her spare time, she enjoys listening to music, cooking and spending time with her family, including her husband, Karan, and her daughter.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.