- Year began practicing:
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Trust PPO
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- McLaren Health Plan - Medicaid
- Meridian Health Plan - Medicaid
- Molina - Medicaid
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage HMO
- Priority Health PPO
- TriCare for Life
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Standard & Extra
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Butler University, Indianapolis, IN, PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Michigan Academy of Physician Assistants
"I like to develop a relationship with my patients. It is important that we get to know and trust each other. I treat the patient as a whole person, and not just an illness or disease."
Certified Physician Assistant April Kastning, P.A.-C., specializes in the care of the whole family. She treats patients of all ages at MidMichigan Medical Center - Mt. Pleasant. April’s desire to work in a small, close-knit community drew her to the middle of Michigan. April enjoys working closely with her patients and being hands on in their treatment.
Philosophy of Care
April provides compassionate, quality care to her patients. “I like to develop a relationship with my patients,” she said. “It is important that we get to know and trust each other. I treat the patient as a whole person, and not just an illness or disease. We work together to create a plan for prevention and treatment that is individualized to that patient.”
Special Interests and Procedures
April has special interests in women’s health, pediatrics, wellness and nutrition.
April and her husband and children enjoy time spent with their families. They also spend time and take interest in their community. In their spare time they enjoy outdoor activities such as bike riding, camping and skiing.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.