- Year began practicing:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- 3-D Mapping of Tachycardia
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Catheter Ablation
- Cardiac Pacemaker Insertion
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
- Complex Arrhythmia Ablation
- Coronary Arteriography
- Implantation of Cardiac Defibrillator Devices
- Radiofrequency Ablation of Tachycardia
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- BCN Medicare Advantage
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Cross Blue Preferred Plus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross PPO & Comm. Blue
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- McLaren - Medicaid
- Meridian Health Plan
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage PPO
- Priority Health PPO
- TriCare for Life
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Standard & Extra
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Aga Khan University Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- Loyola University of Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL, INTERNAL MEDICINE
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago IL, CARDIOLOGY
- St. Michael's Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, CARDIAC ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- Heart Rhythm Society
- Fellow - American College of Cardiology
- Michigan State Medical Society
It's great to be able to cure the problem using radiofrequency ablation, rather than just suppress arrhythmias. Patients are so glad to get off of medications, which are often expensive and cause unwanted side effects.
Nilofar Islam, M.D., is a clinical electrophysiologist (EP), with MidMichigan Physician Group’s cardiovascular program. An EP is a cardiologist who has had additional training and education in arrhythmias. As an electrophysiologist, Dr. Islam uses specialized equipment to diagnose, and develop treatment plans for, patients with heart rhythm problems.
Dr. Islam is also board certified in internal medicine and cardiovascular disease.
Philosophy of Care
Arrhythmias have traditionally been treated with medications or pacemakers. Dr. Islam now uses the capabilities of the new lab to perform a procedure called radiofrequency ablation (RFA), which can cure most, if not all, types of arrhythmia by permanently removing the abnormal electrical signals in the heart.
“It’s great to be able to cure the problem using radiofrequency ablation, rather than just suppress arrhythmias. Patients are so glad to get off of medications, which are often expensive and cause unwanted side effects,” added Dr. Islam.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.