- Year began practicing:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Care Network Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Trust PPO
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP - PPO
- HAP - Preferred
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- McLaren Health Plan - Medicaid
- Meridian Health Plan - Medicaid
- Molina - Medicaid
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage PPO
- Priority Health PPO
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Davenport University, Midland, MI, BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
- Walden University, Minneapolis, MN, MASTER OF NURSING EDUCATION
- Saginaw Valley State University, University Center, MI, MASTER OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
MidMichigan Physicians Group
" I believe in educating patients about their condition so they understand their treatment options."
Drenda Hukill, F.N.P.-C., M.S.N., is a certified nurse practitioner who specializes in electrophysiology. She works with Clinical Electrophysiologists Opesanmi Esan, M.D., and Nilofar Islam, M.D. As electrophysiologists, the team uses specialized equipment to diagnose, and develop treatment plans for, patients with heart rhythm problems.
Prior to working in electrophysiology, Drenda worked in a primary care setting, often referring patients to cardiologists and electrophysiologists. “I saw patients who were getting ‘heart-healthy’ thanks to the care provided by the heart and vascular team. I thought, ‘I want to be a part of this.’”
Philosophy of Care
“I strive to provide the highest quality and level of care tailored to the needs of each patient in a compassionate manner,” said Drenda. “I believe in educating patients about their condition so they understand their treatment options.”
Drenda’s goal is to create a collaborative and lasting relationship with her patients. “By working together, we can improve well-being and provide the best possible treatment,” she said. The most satisfying aspect of her work is seeing patients improve their overall health and being able to get back to their optimal activity level.
In her spare time, Drenda enjoys watching sports, and camping in the fall and summer months. She lives in Midland with her husband, Randy.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.