- Year began practicing:
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Alternative Medicine
- Healthy Diet
- Minor Skin Procedures
- Papanicolau Smear (Pap Smear Test)
- Punch Biopsy
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Care Network Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Trust PPO
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- McLaren Health Plan - Medicaid
- Meridian Health Plan - Medicaid
- Molina - Medicaid
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage HMO
- Priority Health PPO
- TriCare for Life
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Standard & Extra
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- Family Medicine Residency Program, MidMichigan Medical Center - Midland, Midland, MI, FAMILY MEDICINE
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Michigan Academy of Family Physicians
"I take my time, listen to patients' problems and needs, and try to address each individual's concerns."
Family Medicine Physician Monika Kucharzewski Herdzik, M.D., welcomes patients of all ages to her practice in Midland.
Dr. Herdzik provides a full spectrum of family medical care, including pediatrics, women’s and men’s health, preventive care, acute and chronic illness management and minor office procedures.
“I like taking care of a variety of people, from babies to older patients, and I enjoy all aspects of medicine,” said Dr. Herdzik.
Dr. Herdzik added that her familiarity with many of the medical specialists who see patients in the community, as well as supportive relationships with colleagues in her practice are benefits that help promote excellent care for her patients.
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Herdzik believes that listening is the key when caring for her patients. “I take my time, listen to patients’ problems and needs, and try to address each individual’s concerns,” she said.
Dr. Herdzik’s goal for her patients is always to promote their well being. “If patients come to me and want to change their lifestyle, such as losing weight or quitting smoking, together we’ll figure out a plan that both of us will be happy with to help.” she explained.
The discussion is always open with Dr. Herdzik. “I encourage open, honest discussions and try to find an optimistic way to deal with patient concerns,” she said.
Dr. Herdzik and her husband have three children. She enjoys cooking and spending time with her family. She was recognized with Morning Star Publishing’s People’s Choice award for best physician in Gladwin in 2014.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.