- Year began practicing:
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Acromioplasty
- Arthroscopic Meniscus Repair
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Birmingham Hip® Resurfacing
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Joint Replacement Surgery with Alternative Bearing Surfaces
- Minimally Invasive Total Knee & Total Hip
- Open & Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery
- Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Revision of Total Joint
- Total Hip Replacement with Ceramic or Metal Alloys
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Trigger Finger Repair
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- BCN Medicare Advantage
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Care Network III
- Blue Cross Blue Preferred Plus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross PPO & Comm. Blue
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- McLaren Health Plan - Medicaid
- Meridian Health Plan - Medicaid
- Molina - Medicaid
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage HMO
- Priority Health PPO
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- Fellow- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Midland County Medical Society
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Michigan Orthopaedic Society
"Rather than jump directly to surgery, I prefer to use a variety of less invasive treatment methods, resorting to surgery only when necessary."
Mark Goethe, M.D., is an orthopedic surgeon with MidMichigan Physicians Group and treats a full range of orthopedic conditions, using contemporary techniques for complex reconstruction of the hip and knee, joint, foot, shoulder and hand.
A second-generation physician, Dr. Goethe treats general orthopedic, total joint and sports medicine patients. He sees patients by referral from their physician, as well as patients who are self-referred.
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Goethe’s philosophy of care is based on his commitment to providing contemporary orthopedic care with an emphasis on patient education.
“I provide comprehensive care and help patients understand everything they can about their diagnosis,” he said. “It’s important that patients know all of the available treatment options that can be offered to them.”
Dr. Goethe also uses conservative treatment methods, such as medications, physical and occupational therapy or cortisone injections, prior to surgery. “Rather than jump directly to surgery, I prefer to use a variety of less invasive treatment methods, resorting to surgery only when necessary,” he said.
Special Interests and Procedures
Special interests for Dr. Goethe include minimally invasive hip and knee replacements and reverse shoulder replacement, and he has extensive experience in hip joint resurfacing surgery. He is also well versed in general orthopedic surgery and trauma fracture care.
Dr. Goethe resides in Midland with his wife and two sons, one of whom is on the swim team at the University of Michigan. He was recently inducted into the Midland High School Athletic Hall of Fame for his community service as sideline physician during football games for the last 26 years.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.