- Year began practicing:
- Advanced Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Event Monitors
- Exercise Stress Test
- Holter Monitoring
- Nuclear Stress Tests
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP - PPO
- HAP - Preferred
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- Medicare Railroad
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Jordan University of Science & Technology College of Medicine, Irbid, Jordan, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ, INTERNAL MEDICINE
- Louisiana State University, New Orleans, LA, INVASIVE CARDIOLOGY
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- Fellow - American College of Cardiology
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Society for Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Fellow - American College of Physicians
"I like my patients to be well informed about their cardiac issues and to be good advocates for themselves. This allows them to participate and make the right choices for their health care."
Waleed Doghmi, M.D., is a cardiologist with MidMichigan Physicians Group and is a member of the comprehensive heart and vascular team at MidMichigan Health. This team includes cardiologists, interventional cardiologists and electrophysiologists, as well as vascular, cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeons.
As a cardiologist, Dr. Doghmi works with patients who have a variety of cardiac-related conditions such as coronary artery disease, atherosclerosis, peripheral vascular disease, valvular and structural heart disease, congenital heart defects and other complex cardiac conditions.
“I always wanted to pursue a career that directly impacted people’s lives and allowed me to interact with them on a daily basis,” he said. “I was also influenced by the fact that my uncle was a cardiologist.”
According to Dr. Doghmi, the field of cardiology has been exploding with exciting developments in the last few years that will change the way cardiologists practice for years to come. These include new treatments for structural heart diseases like transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), left atrial appendage occlusion devices for atrial fibrillation, thromboembolism prevention, mitral valve clips for mitral insufficiency, and new stents for coronary artery disease.
Philosophy of Care
“I treat all my patients like I treat my family members,” said Dr. Doghmi. “I like my patients to be well informed about their cardiac issues and to be good advocates for themselves. This allows them to participate and make the right choices for their health care. I also enjoy educating and answering their questions and concerns.”
Special Interests and Procedures
Dr. Doghmi performs a variety of non-invasive diagnostic cardiac tests including cardioversions, exercise stress tests, echocardiograms, transesophageal echocardiograms (TEE), electrocardiograms (ECG), Holter monitors, event monitors and nuclear stress tests.
He lives in Midland with his wife and three children. In his free time, Dr. Doghmi enjoys playing soccer and swimming with his kids. He also enjoys skydiving, scuba diving and reading.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.