- Year began practicing:
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- BCN Medicare Advantage
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Care Network III
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross PPO & Comm. Blue
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP - PPO
- HAP - Preferred
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- McLaren - Medicaid
- Medicare Advantage (BCBS)
- Meridian Health Plan
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- Cebu Institute of Medicine, Cebu City, Phillippines, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
- Philippine General Hospital, Manila, Philippines
- Jersey City Medical Center/ Seton Hall University Medical Education Program, Jersey City, NJ, INTERNAL MEDICINE
- Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, NY, RHEUMATOLOGY
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Saginaw County Medical Society
- American College of Rheumatology
"The most satisfying aspect of my work is having a patient whose symptoms have improved and whose disease process is diagnosed, slowed down or, better yet, gone into remission."
Carlos Diola, M.D., F.A.C.R., is a rheumatologist with MidMichigan Physicians Group in Midland, Michigan.
Patients with some chronic conditions, such as autoimmune diseases, need a doctor who can also be a detective. After completing his medical residency, Dr. Diola decided to pursue a fellowship in rheumatology, so that he could solve medical mysteries and help his patients find relief.
As a rheumatologist, Dr. Diola has 20 years of experience treating patients, including fourteen years in a very busy solo practice in Saginaw.
“I deliver professional and compassionate care in my specialty,” he said. “The most satisfying aspect of my work is having a patient whose symptoms have improved and whose disease process is diagnosed, slowed down or, better yet, gone into remission.”
Philosophy of Care
As a specialist, Dr. Diola feels two obligations: first, to his patient and, second, to the referring provider. In many instances, for both patient and provider, he is the final stop in their quest for answers and solutions. “I strive to be always aware that both parties’ questions and concerns, which may not be necessarily the same, deserve the same degree of attention and time. Even so, I try to avoid getting caught up in the science of the disease and ignoring the patient’s symptoms.”
For Dr. Diola, it is important to not only provide patients with answers and treatment, but also be accessible, attentive and compassionate. “Rheumatology deals with chronic diseases, and treatment is generally multi-faceted. No issue is too small for the patient to confide in myself or my staff,” he said.
Dr. Diola’s hobbies include reading, singing, traveling and playing tennis and basketball.
Special Interests and Procedures
- Evaluation and Treatment of Autoimmune Connective Tissue Diseases
- Evaluation and Treatment of Arthritis and Crystalline Arthopathies
- Arthrocentesis and Joint Injections and Trigger point injections including Corticosteroid and viscoelastic knee joint injections for Osteoarthritis
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.