- Year began practicing:
- Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Cardiology & Peripheral Intervention
- Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization
- Exercise Stress Test
- Implantation of Permanent Cardiac Pacemakers
- Insertion of Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump
- Management of Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump
- Management of Mechanical Ventilator
- Peripheral & Cardiovascular Intervention
- Preventive Medicine
- SilverHawk™ Plaque Excision System
- Swan-Ganz Catheterization
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
- Aetna Better Health - Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- ASR PPO
- BCN Medicare Advantage
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Care Network III
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross PPO & Comm. Blue
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- McLaren - Medicaid
- Medicare Advantage (BCBS)
- Meridian Health Plan
- Priority Health
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health MA HMO/PPO
- Priority Health PPO
- TriCare for Life
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Standard & Extra
- US Health and Life
Education & Training
- University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, Des Moines, IA, DOCTOR OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
- University of Illinois Carle Clinic and Hospital, Urbana, IL
- Botsford General Hospital, Farmington Hills, MI
- Botsford General Hospital, Farmington Hills, MI, CARDIOLOGY
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital, Pontiac, MI, INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Internists
- American College of Physicians
- Diplomate National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine
"I am committed to bringing compassionate cardiology and vascular services throughout the middle of Michigan."
Rodney Diehl, D.O., is an interventional cardiologist with MidMichigan Health and is a member of the comprehensive heart and vascular team. This team includes cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, electrophysiologists, structural heart specialists, as well as vascular, thoracic and cardiovascular surgeons.
He currently sees patients at his main office in Midland, as well as at his satellite offices in Clare, Harrison and Mt. Pleasant.
Dr. Diehl brings more than 20 years of experience to his patients, offering expertise in advanced cardiac and peripheral vascular testing and treatment. He treats patients of all ages and is particularly sensitive to the rising incidence of heart disease in women.
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Diehl believes in aggressive preventive care before and after a heart attack to save patients’ lives. He focuses not only on a patient’s cardiovascular system, but also on overall health.
“I have a real desire to interact with patients and a long-term interest in heart and exercise physiology,” Dr. Diehl said. “I am committed to bringing compassionate cardiology and vascular services throughout the middle of Michigan.”
Special Interests and Procedures
Dr. Diehl’s advanced training enables him to offer cardiology, peripheral vascular and interventional cardiology services. Cardiology tests and procedures he provides include exercise stress testing, echocardiography and diagnostic cardiac catheterization. Peripheral vascular procedures he offers include endovascular thrombolysis and revascularization, abdominal aortic aneurysm and endovascular stent grafting, and arteriograms. Some of the interventional cardiology procedures he offers are angioplasty and placement of stents to restore blood flow in vessels narrowed by plaque, implantation of permanent cardiac pacemakers, and insertion and management of intra-aortic balloon pump.
Dr. Diehl and his wife have five children. They enjoy living in the natural beauty that Michigan offers. His hobbies include enjoying the outdoors through camping, hunting, fishing and riding motorcycles.
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.