- Year began practicing:
Clinical Interests & Special Procedures
- Endocrine Disorders & Testing
- Pediatric Care
- Well Child Care
- ASR PPO
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Care Network Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Plus Blue ( Medicare Advantage)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Trust PPO
- ConnectCare - MidMichigan Health
- ConnectCare - Northwood University
- ConnectCare - SC Johnson
- HAP Medicare Advantage HMO
- HAP Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO
- McLaren Health Plan - Medicaid
- Meridian Health Plan - Medicaid
- Molina - Medicaid
- MultiPlan (PHCS)
- Priority Health - Medicaid
- Priority Health HMO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage HMO
- Priority Health PPO
- TriCare for Life
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Standard
- United Healthcare
Education & Training
- SABA University School of Medicine, Saba, Netherlands-Antilles, DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
MidMichigan Physicians Group
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Diplomate - American Board of Family Medicine
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario
I believe in educating the patient about their disease in terms of pathology, consequence and prognosis and involving the patient in making decisions regarding treatment. I have found this increases patient compliance.
Vinosha Balakrishnan, M.D., is a Family Medicine physician seeing patients of all ages at MidMichigan Medical Offices – Beaverton. She has a special interest in pediatrics, pulmonology and endocrine medicine and enjoys well-child checks of babies.
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Balakrishnan chose to practice family medicine because it gives her the ability to care for patients from all walks of life. She believes in educating the patient about their disease, including the causes and effects and the likely prognosis, and then involving the patient in decisions about their treatment.
“I listen to all my patients’ concerns and address them in a timely fashion, either in one appointment or several appointments,” she said. “I always explain the consequences and the reason behind my treatment plan in terms that they would understand. I find that patients are more likely to comply and be successful if they are fully informed and involved in the process.”
“I try to create a relationship where my patients can openly share their concerns and feel that they will not be judged. I am very compassionate and realistic when setting goals to achieve.”
“The most satisfying thing for me is watching someone recover against the odds and see what it means to them and their family.”
In her personal time, Dr. Balakrishnan enjoys reading and cooking.
- Endocrine Medicine
- Well Child Checks
These are the insurance plans in which this individual is a "participating provider".
This provider may accept other insurance, but your costs may be higher if they do not "participate" in your plan.