Preparing for Your Treatments
After an initial consultation and examination at the Center, you will receive complete instructions regarding your treatment.
In the case of prescribed hyperbaric oxygen therapy, there are certain items not allowed inside the chambers, for safety reasons. Please do not wear or bring the following into the chamber during your treatment:
- Make-up, nail polish, perfume, aftershave
- Flammable materials
- Wigs/hairpieces, hairspray and hair oils
- Hearing aids
- Alcohol or petroleum based products
- Metallic items (such as jewelry, watches, and coins)
- Ask your hyperbaric chamber technician about contact lens use
You should also refrain from smoking or the use of any tobacco products during the entire course of therapy. Tobacco use will prolong or even prevent healing of a wound site due to its effect on the blood vessels in your body.
Before starting your treatment session, you will change into a 100% cotton garment provided by the Center. For safety reasons, no other clothing may be worn inside the chamber.