Wound Treatment Center
The Wound Treatment Center, with locations at MidMichigan's Medical Centers in Alma and Midland, provides specialized treatment for chronic or non-healing wounds, which are defined as sores or wounds that have not healed after 30 days of conventional treatments. Associated with inadequate circulation, poorly functioning veins, and immobility, non-healing wounds lead to lower quality of life and may lead to amputations if not properly treated. When wounds persist, specialized methods, like those offered at the Wound Treatment Center, are required for healing. Typically, a wound that does not respond to normal medical care within 30 days is considered a problem or chronic wound.
The Wound Treament Center uses an interdisciplinary model of care, including infectious-disease management, physical therapy, occupational therapy, laboratory evaluation, nutritional management, pain management, diabetic education, radiology testing, and debridement to address the patient’s overall health. In addition to these comprehensive treatments, the use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been proven effective in reducing swelling, fighting infection, and building new blood vessels, ultimately producing healthy tissue.
A specialized approach to wound care
The Wound Treatment Center’s specialized approach to wound care, includes:
- Advanced therapies, such as hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Proven clinical protocols
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care that brings you the most appropriate and effective treatments for your specific needs
- An assessment and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists, including a case manager who will oversee every aspect of your treatment
- Education for you and your family to help healing happen at home, including materials and resources related to prevention, nutrition, hygiene, and more
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with you and your doctor so that you each remain informed about your progress
A comprehensive team of wound care specialists
The Wound Treatment Center is designed to complement your physicians' services and is committed to the treatment of chronic or non-healing wounds. The Center is made up of a comprehensive team of professionals, including:
- Physicians with advanced training in wound management and hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Nursing staff trained in the care of chronic wounds
- Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies
- Experienced staff to assist with appointments, medical records, and health insurance processing
- A personalized wound treatment program
Partnership with the leading wound care management company
Through a partnership with Healogics, MidMichigan Health is able to offer expanded specialized wound care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Healogics is the nation’s leading wound care management company, providing high-quality wound care and consulting services to more than 500 hospitals across the United States. Member hospitals have access to advanced healing technologies including hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) management.
You may call the Wound Treatment Center directly or be referred by your doctor. For more information or to make an appointment, call (989) 466-7020 in Alma or (989) 839-1411 in Midland.