Wound Treatment Center
The Wound Treatment Center at MidMichigan Medical Center–Gratiot in Alma, managed by Healogics, provides specialized treatment for chronic or non-healing wounds, which are defined as sores or wounds that have not significantly improved from conventional treatments. Associated with inadequate circulation, poorly functioning veins, and immobility, non-healing wounds lead to lower quality of life and may lead to amputations if not properly treated. When wounds persist, specialized methods, like those offered at the Wound Treatment Center, are required for healing. Typically, a wound that does not respond to normal medical care within 30 days is considered a problem or chronic wound.
The Wound Center uses an interdisciplinary model of care, including infectious-disease management, physical therapy, occupational therapy, laboratory evaluation, nutritional management, pain management, diabetic education, radiology testing, and debridement to address the patient’s overall health. In addition to these comprehensive treatments, the use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been proven effective in reducing swelling, fighting infection, and building new blood vessels, ultimately producing healthy tissue.
A specialized approach to wound care
The Wound Treatment Center’s specialized approach to wound care, includes:
- Advanced therapies, such as hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Proven clinical protocols
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care that brings you the most appropriate and effective treatments for your specific needs
- An assessment and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists, including a case manager who will oversee every aspect of your treatment
- Education for you and your family to help healing happen at home, including materials and resources related to prevention, nutrition, hygiene, and more
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with you and your doctor so that you each remain informed about your progress
A comprehensive team of wound care specialists
The Wound Treatment Center is designed to complement your physicians' services and is committed to the treatment of chronic or non-healing wounds. The Center is made up of a comprehensive team of professionals, including:
- Physicians with advanced training in wound management and hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Nursing staff trained in the care of chronic wounds
- Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies
- Experienced staff to assist with appointments, medical records, and health insurance processing
- A personalized wound treatment program
Partnership with the leading wound care management company
Through a partnership with Diversified Clinical Services (DCS), MidMichigan Medical Center–Gratiot is able to offer expanded specialized wound care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy. DCS is the world’s largest wound care management company with over 300 hospital partners delivering evidence-based care to patients with chronic wounds. DCS has been the leader in wound care for over 20 years, offering some of the most advanced modalities such as adjunctive hyperbaric oxygen therapy. DCS Centers traditionally achieve excellent clinical outcomes, including high limb salvage rates and an 88% healing rate within 31 median days-to-heal.
You may call the Wound Treatment Center directly or be referred by your doctor.
For more information call (989) 466-7020. To make an appointment directly, call (989) 466-7021.